Wyze Sprinkler Controller - Smart weather-based watering with 8 control zones

Someone posted that a sprinkler controller suitable for mounting outdoors is already here. I only see the pre-order for indoor mounting. Is there an outdoor mounted controller in the works?

I recently pre-ordered the Wyze sprinkler controller for my daughterā€™s house. I have since realized her existing controller is located outside in a weatherproof box. The inside dimensions are not large enough to accommodate the Wyze controller. Does Wyze have plans to offer an optional weatherproof box? If not, do you have an recommended 3rd party enclosure that will accommodate the Wyze controller and power supply? I found an enclosure for the Rachio smart sprinkler controller 2nd & 3rd Gen at Home Depot and Best Buy that looks like it may work but they do not post the inside dimensions. The box has a separate internal enclosure for the power supply and not sure it that will prevent installation of the Wyze controller. I would like to know Wyzeā€™s plans before I cancel my pre-order. Thanks!

1 Like

You might try something like this:

Weatherproof Powercord Connection Box (Black)
Also comes in green.

Or this:

Waterproof Extension Cord Connection Box

Or this:

Waterproof Universal Electrical Box

Or this:

Polycarbonate Weatherproof Enclosure

I would like an answer to this too. What good is a sprinkler controller that is only rated for indoors. My current controller is outside.

1 Like

o.O

Bahahahaa!

I am going to be using an enclosure for the sprinkler controller. For the price of both, I canā€™t go wrong. And it is all connected to one eco system. Hope that answers your :interrobang:

I have the sprinkler and I used a PVC junction box with a clear cover, set me back about $40 but worth every penny. Had to drill 1 hole for the wires.

Edit:

Would help if I included the link:

Zulkit Junction Box ABS Plasticā€¦ Amazon.com

1 Like

Any idea if they are looking at making one that has move then 8 zones? I would love to have this but the limited zones when I have 12 is a issue.
So was wondering if they have a place you can ask about stuff like that if they are going to make a bigger one at all?

1 Like

I have 12 zones, I read this supports only 8 zones, anyway to work around this?

I have been wondering that also myself.

I would assume that youā€™d have to buy two controllers which would give you 16 channels.

I havenā€™t seen what the Wyze app for this looks like, but it would be nice if it would let you group multiple controllers as a single ā€œlogical controllerā€ and control all 16 channels together.

2 Likes

I see the controller has wire connectors for a master relay or pumpā€¦ Iā€™m curious though if the controller can signal a wyze switch when it is calling for water?

Iā€™ve already been running my pump through a wyze plugā€¦ For now I can just turn on/off the system as a whole but it would be nice if the sprinkler controller could directly turn that pump on for me when it needs to.

for me a weather subscription is just not that important. Rain detection is.
This has the rain sensor capability which is nice.
This subscription desire may be an example of why SmartThings integration is being slow rolled?
Soil moisture sensors for me are not important, but nice to have that option.
What I like about this is simplicity.
From my annual sprinkler test/fix process [I wonā€™t have to run back and forth to the unit] to managing from afar.
My reality is simply: if it is raining or rained recently, I donā€™t want the sprinklers to cycle [rain sensor handles this]. Additionally, simple programming and the ability to manually cycleā€¦both done remotely is great.

I have the same issue ā€¦ existing controller is outside. I could certainly buy a generic. Weatherproof enclosure but if Wzye is planning to make a box designed for the controller Iā€™d go that route instead.

Iā€™d say it isnā€™t normal to have your controller out in the elements.
In the garage, under a deck, somehow protectedā€¦normally.

In Arizona every single sprinkler controller is outside. Every one. Usually attached to the outside garage wall in an watertight enclosure.

1 Like

Sureā€¦ā€œwatertight enclosureā€ā€¦make sense

Mine is outsideā€¦ Got my Wyze Sprinkler Controller today. Iā€™d love to have an outside enclosure before spring!

Mine is outside. This was the deciding factor for not ordering a device.