Wyze Sprinkler Controller with more zones

Hey Wyze, The sprinkler box is a great idea, but 8 zones is insufficient for many of us. I wouldn’t even consider a box that had less than 25 zones. 30 would be an ideal minimum.

Please consider expanding the number of zones, and you have at least one ready purchaser.

Thanks.

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

Yes please! I have 15 sprinkler zones so I won’t be able to use the one with only 8. I would love to see one with 15-20 zones on it. Also my controller is outdoors so it would need to be weatherproof.

A weatherproof smart controller with 15-20 zones would be awesome!

Thanks Wyze!

3 Likes

Would it be possible to have motion sensors on the sprinkler system to keep animals of the lawn and garden area. Keeps the nieghbors dogs of the front lawn!
If it is to work with sensors why not include motion.
If this gets included I would consider purchasing the sprinkler controls.
Funny how now they offer free shipping after pre order items have been purchased in October in hopes to get items in November.
Now December and now items January, but only now they offer free shipping if you spend 99.00 not if you if spent 200.00 plus in the last 3 weeks and have to now wait longer than originally quoted!
O-Well
I guess I will have to skip pre-orders since loyalty does not matter much!

6 Likes

you can use multiple controllers, plus they will have a weatherproof option coming

1 Like

Multiple boxes create an overly complicated system. Wiring, power usage, mounting, maintenance and utilization are multiplied and become more costly.

Also, coordinating timing and usage between the boxes and zones would also be a nightmare for those of us who make seasonal and other adjustments throughout the year.

The whole idea of a sprinkler system is to centralize control and usage while lessening the watering effort. Multiple boxes would not do that.

With smart WiFi boxes, it seems like there ought to be an easy way for expansion of programs and station zones within the unit. In my opinion, every control box should have an ability to expand to at least 5 programs and 25 station zones to allow for large, as well as individualized, watering areas for greatest flexibility and efficiency.

2 Likes

Would multiple controllers work for you?

Yes but I was told on your Twitter it was not supported yet.

Multiple units supported by the account would also eliminate the need to run long lines between front and back yards. Instead you could have a unit at each general location.

Promoting the purchase, installation and maintenance of multiple 8-zone sprinkler boxes to cover a greater number of sprinkler zones is no different than promoting the purchase, installation and maintenance of multiple 8 channel television sets to get all the channels one needs, with no single TV able to get them all. Suggesting such a thing is “over the top”.

Sorry, I withdraw my question. And @Soundvessel, I am just a fellow customer like yourself.

We like Wyze products and we pretty much pre-ordered all the core products besides a couple of ones, and just so happened to be in the market but Smart Sprinkler controller to replace with our old one but we have more way more than 8 zones. Looks like we will have to miss this pre-order. Please add more zones support.

Would it be possible to have motion sensors on the sprinkler system to keep animals of the lawn and garden area. Keeps the nieghbors dogs of the front lawn!
If it is to work with sensors why not include motion.
If this gets included I would consider purchasing the sprinkler controls.

IF it would work with motion detection for s 2-5 minute settings I would by this.
It would be nice to have this to keep animals of lawn and garden.
I do really like WYZE products, I have lots of them.
Thanks

2 Likes

Yes please! I want this controller but I have 10 zones. The Orbit Bhyve I currently have the app and programing sucks! I need a 10-12 zone version.

4 Likes

I’d love this as well, but need at least 10 zones.

2 Likes

Yes more zones please I have 12 zones.

2 Likes

Mickyrigit, I just posted something similar and the mods put it into the Add More Device Triggers for Wyze Rules thread.
I just wanted my wyze V3 cameras to be able to trigger a sprinkler zone for a short fixed time if they detected something in my yard. Either motion detection or there is talk about maybe upcoming pet detection. The sprinkler app currently has no actions that can be triggered from another device.

1 Like

Agreed. I have 14 zones.

2 Likes

Agreed, I have 21 zones.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sprinkler Controller - Provide ability to group sprinkler controllers

I would like to see a Pro version of Sprinkler with 12 or 16 zone supported. Can this be done?

8 Likes

I would like to know this as well.

Would love to buy the Wyze sprinkler controller, especially because Wyze makes good economical products. But my house has more than 8 stations, so I would love to see a controller with 12 stations.

1 Like