Wyze Signs and Stickers

I know it may sound silly, but I think it would be great to get a yard sign and stickers for windows that say something like “Protected by Wyze.” How many people put the ADT sign in their yard to let people know they have a security system? Just a thought.

3 Likes

The support pages have something you may be interested in. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DreadPirateRush, the link you provided for the security sticker templates is giving an error page " Whoops, our bad…"

1 Like

UGH, thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes

The Etsy links are good; just the Wyze ones are bad. I could have sworn they fixed this. :confused:

2 Likes

the Wyze site is now up and running again.

1 Like

It’s usually not recommended to advertise the system you are using, because those familiar with it can know the limitations of it, potentially making you more of a target than those who don’t advertise the system they are using.

This is true with any security system, and not is specific to Wyze.

4 Likes

I agree , I don’t think it is a good idea to advertise the systems you are using.
I have some signs up but they don’t have any indication of the systems I’m using

2 Likes

I’d just like to add this for anyone interested in reading:

2 Likes

Why oh why does WYZE not do what I suggested several years ago. WINDOW STICKERS !!!
Maybe a yard sign !!!

2 Likes

You can get Wyze signs and stickers on etsy:

Some of them are pretty reasonably priced and have been for sale for years, so I guess Wyze hasn’t demanded removal due to copyright/trade mark issues (afterall, it’s basically free advertising for them when people post these), even though it is their right to stop it and demand compensation. The point is that if you don’t want to wait for Wyze to offer their own, there are some decently cool looking ones available, made by Wyze fans.

5 Likes

Wyze will need to approve a standard Security Sign.
It is a requirement of (my) City & PD to be posted in a conspicuous place YMMV.
Sorry for going off topic. Darn, had to spin my yarn. . .

p.s. Thank you @StopICU33 for preventing the thread from unraveling. . . :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Really? It’s required? That’s a weird law. Why would they require that you post a sign that you have a security system?

What constitutes as a security system? Do you have to post a sign if you have any cameras at all?

Such a weird law…government overreach if you ask me…

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter if you have an audiable or silent alarm, required to register, pay an annual fee and have the alarm company’s sign. If the police are called you could be fined, pay the fee + late charge and still have to register. If your system sends a false alarm the fine is increased each time.

I have several of these in different city. Smaller city are more relaxed, few bucks/yr and the police show up before you can cancel the call but they friendly and OK with that.
In Los Angeles they show up in 3~6 hours (if at all) and fines can go +$175.

Could be wrong but it sounds to me like if you don’t have a monitored security system the law doesn’t apply

2 Likes

If your alarm goes off and there is a siren and the neighbors complain or call the police you better have a permit. If the alarm sounds over 10 minutes (LA) additional fines for disturbing the peace.

BUT if someone goes into a store and steels less then $950, max problem is they will get a ticket. That person can go back as many times as they want unless they physically assult someone.

1 Like

I would put 12 security signs out there if I feel like it :grin:

1 Like

There is no charge for putting out signs if you don’t actually have a security system.
I find the American Flag is best deterrent. :us_outlying_islands:

2 Likes

I have some signs outside that say
Warning -This Property Is Under 24 Hour Video Surveillance

2 Likes

I’ve read quite a bit from experts saying generic warnings like this are the most effective sort of warning (rather than advertising a particular company’s security vulnerabilities).

Not that it matters too much, I read that statistically the majority of all burglaries are not committed by “strangers” but by someone the victim already knows (family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc). So, they would be more likely to already certain things like what system you use. Of course, even the term “burglary” can be a ridiculous definition sometimes. I met a man convicted of burglary and sent to prison when he didn’t break into anyplace nor steal anything. His sister invited him over to her house, after a couple of hours, her husband started assaulting her, he jumped in and fought off the husband from beating his sister…but since it was the husband’s house, the laws in my state automatically made that an aggravated burglary because he assaulted the husband (it wasn’t “self defense” because he wasn’t attacked, etc. they sent him to prison as a felony burglar…so you can’t really trust stats based on the name of the crime anyway…no wonder burglary is mostly committed by family/friends/neighbors if even things like domestic abuse get reported as burglary based on criminal code definitions in some states.

Anyway, back to the point, unless some crazy law required otherwise, I’d just choose a generic sign myself. I’ve hesitated posting even that because of a local [social media] thread near my area where a bunch of ladies were recently digitally screaming around that it’s not the compliant registered sex offenders you have to be worried about, it’s all the houses using security cameras and video doorbells who are all pedophiles trying to record your children, (ie: telling people that only pedophiles use video doorbells and security cameras), etc…which is obviously ridiculous…but they’re going around spreading hysteria about how cameras watching your own property means you’re creeping on children and saving/using videos of them. Made me hesitate to post signs declaring that I have cameras recording because these ladies would target my house as creeping too. sigh…some people…

2 Likes