Wyze Sense Hub, Cam Outdoor & Base Station firmware Beta Test 6/30

Glad you got it straightened out. Make sense about no power button in the event of an Intruder.

1 Like

Makes sense but not to Support. When I had problems with one of my sensors they kept telling me to reboot the hub but couldn’t tell me how to do it.

:frowning_face:

3 Likes

@WyzeAndy I just wanted to let you know that this update doesn’t work. I don’t get any chime when v2 contact sensor is open or anything in Monitoring Events. App is 2.22.12

Well, that was annoying…

1 Like

This feature appears to be in the “Home Monitoring Settings” under “Tune Settings.” I don’t know who thought “Tune Settings” was the right term but it is weird. Perhaps “Audio Alerts,” “Audible Alerts,” or something like that would be better.

2 Likes

Also, how does one define a “Sound Output Device” other than the Hub?

1 Like

You can’t at the moment…future update?

You’d think the Keypad could be defined as well at this point.

2 Likes

I don’t think it has much in the way of sound.

Keypad seems like is has plenty of sound…

2 Likes

Haven’t played with it much, but I seem to remember only Armed and Disarmed message. No countdown or siren.

interesting. I don’t see it available.

I’m getting similar issues with contact sensors, both V1 and V2. They show as open when clearly closed. Guess I’ll try cycling the router since I can’t cycle the hub.

Update: Router didn’t fix anything. Tried clearing cache on iPad but that didn’t help either. Re-added one of the V2 sensors but again nothing changed.

Just opened and closed the door and I can see the sensor light indicating it triggered. Definitely something with the hub. Really don’t want to do a reset especially if this is going to be recurring. Think I’m going to move my V1s back to the the camera’s bridge. Glad I’m not really using the alarm system yet. I could see the false alarm charges ringing up. :frowning_face:

I had this same problem again today. I woke up and none of my sensors were working again, just like yesterday. Their state was frozen just like when I woke up yesterday.

I checked that internet was working for every other device, and it was, both with Wyze and those not related to Wyze, both ethernet and WiFi. This should indicate that it is not the router/modem being a problem, especially since I’m running through Ethernet and everything else works, and the hub and sensors have never had any problems before this new firmware.

Still, I wanted to test that, so the first thing I tried was rebooting the router/modem. When they came back up the hub and sensors and their corresponding rules were all working again.

I don’t know why everything freezes up overnight every night since this new firmware was installed and a router/modem reboot fixes it for me, but I am sad to hear you are still having issues even after a reboot.

@WildBill
Also, is your hub connected by WiFi or Ethernet?

Are you using the HMS in test mode? If so, as long as your system is still frozen, can you test what happens if you try to arm while it’s frozen? Then try to set off the alarm and see if it is still working locally. That would be interesting to figure out if it is just a connectivity issue (still working locally) or if it goes beyond network connectivity.
EDIT: You might have to arm using the keypad instead of the app since the keypad is local, and the app is through the network, but maybe try both and see if one works and one doesn’t

Submitted Hub Connectivity logs: 242621

I don’t see these anywhere in the monitored events list.

Something else to check, I had sporadic issues like this and it took sometime before I deduced that it was my switch going bad. Replacing the switch corrected my issues. Assuming you have a switch inline, I would move the HMS location on the switch to another location (if one is available) and see if things clear up or lasts longer.

Like you, I would reboot my router and everything would come back and then it would die again, but only a couple of items. I believe it was a open Ethernet port on the switch which was causing an issue similar to a denial of service. rebooting the router would clear that up and things would work until things built up again.

Something to check into.

Thank you for the idea. I will do this right now. I also may consider changing to WiFi instead of Ethernet (it just seemed like Ethernet would be more stable and reliable since there is so much 2.4gHz interference/pollution nowadays. But if I still have problems I might try it.

1 Like

Power off the switch as well. That will stop the traffic and allow things to sync up again when you turn it back on.

I’m using a wifi connection and everything has been working fine. I have multiple doors setup to play the tone when opened but that’s not working either.

Is anyone from Wyze watching this thread? I submitted a log for review 242602
@WyzeAndy ???

Just tried with the keypad and system won’t arm. Definitely the hub. May try to re-add the hub and see if that gets things working again.

Added the hub and got connection successful but didn’t fix the sensors. Still not getting sound when the door is opened. Something is wrong with the hub…

2 Likes

Just tested my Hub and keypad, it is working fine as is my sensors. However, I just had an alert, from my HMS System, that the V2 Sensor Battery was running low and indicated to click here for information. I clicked it and it took me to the sensor and it showed motion, Battery said normal. Went back into HMS and no more message. Will monitor this.

1 Like