Wyze robot vacuum - map editing & additional enhancements

I just ran into what might be a related issue - I was (re)mapping the house for the third time, it was finally perfect!! The vacuum returned to the charger, but it turned out that the charger plug had come loose and there was no power to the dock, so the vacuum never went into charging mode. I then corrected the power issue with the doc, and clicked on the “charge” button on the app. This resulted in my (finally perfect!) map getting completely lost.

1.3 Yes please !

The vacuum identified 3 rooms :

1. half bath (about 20 square feet)
  2. area outside half bath (about 25 square feet)
  3. The rest (over 850 square feet)

We would like to define our rooms (living room, dining room, kitchen, family room, etc.)

4 Likes

Yes, map getting lost seems to be a common issue. I lost one when the vacuum
choked on its own edge brush and I had to to extricate it.

On another note, the placement of the charging station makes the map straight or angled.
An angled map is a pain to fit virtual walls because you can’t rotate neither the map nor the virtual wall.

In my experiments, the charging station needs to be against a long wall with
no walls or obstacles 5-6 feet around it to get a straight map and then hope it
is accurate and saved :frowning:

Wyze really needs to step up soon to the various mapping issues posted here.

1 Like

Another voice suggesting better map editing tools. My map takes three charges to complete and twice has gotten confused on its third round. The vacuum loses its "north star and in this case added Rooms 19, 20 and 21 that do not exist. They are a reoriented Room 17 and 18.

As noted by others, it would be nice to subdivide the main room 12 and be able to group rooms into letter designations

1 Like

What about adding Virtual Doors/Dividers that could divide a given space into two rooms?

2 Likes

Editing rooms had been readded in the latest version of the wyze app. Firmware 1.6.87 app v2.16.53. Click on the vacuum then settings then map editor.
Android app beta

My up to date IOS versions are 1.6.75 and 2.16.25. Are the versions below for Android?

| thrasher204
January 7 |

• | - |

Editing rooms had been readded in the latest version of the wyze app. Firmware 1.6.87 app v2.16.53. Click on the vacuum then settings then map editor.

Yep edited for clarity. I’m also opted into the beta so that may be another variable

Any idea how long it typically takes for the firmware to go from beta to a stable release?

I also have problems with angles. My house is scanned at an angle (see screenshot). It makes placing virtual walls not very useful. I convinced myself that the magnetometer in the vacuum is what is aligning the map (if so, it gets north exactly right for me). But then I noticed many aligned houses on this forum and figured not everyone lives on a N-S grid.

1 Like

In my experiments, the charging station needs to be against a long wall with
no walls or obstacles 5-6 feet around it to get a straight map and then hope it
is accurate and saved.

Try moving your charger to the wall across where it is now and remap.

Hi All, I would like to know if we can use the same vacuum on 2 different floors. I have carpet on the first floor and hardwood on the second floor. Is it possible to use it on both floors. I will just manually bring it down and have an extra charger on that floor. Any suggestions are welcomed.

I’d like to see a mechanism to edit the floor plan map automatically created in the app by Waz Robot Vacuum.
This will enable me to correct any area not automatically created by Wyze due to temporary objects/furniture , closed door etc.
Also provide a mechanism to draw an area on the map where I’d like the robot vac to clean exclusively.

1 Like

i’d like to be able to redefine the rooms. For scheduling it would be great to be able to redefine a large room into several smaller rooms!

1 Like

room editing will be very nice. It currently thinks that my kitchen, living room, study, and hall way is 1 room which is 90% of my downstairs. Then the other 10% is made up of like 10 rooms for doorways and such. So my kitchen is what I want it to clean everyday but since it is part of the 90% it cleans the whole house.

After vacuuming the whole house three times, it finally labeled one hallway as “room 1” and “room2”, the entryway as “room 3” and the bathroom where the charger is as “room 4”. No labels anywhere else in the house. That doesn’t do me much good!
I’ve reset the map, and it will now take three more days to try again.
C’mon Wyze, we really need editing back, or this things no better than any other cheapo that doesn’t work very well!

Does anyone from Wyze read any of these comment???

1 Like

Map editing has been added to the latest firmware release (find it in settings). It’s’ not quite perfect however it is a wonderful addition!!!

Are you using android? It’s not there in the IOS version, and it appears that my app and firmware are the latest available.

Map editing has been added to the latest firmware release (find it in settings). It’s’ not quite perfect however it is a wonderful addition!!!

Thank you. I am using OS X with latest firmware and map editing is not on there as an option.