Wyze product updates - 02-17-2020

How did you do this?

1 Like
1 Like

@ruel Gald I could help. I totally understand the need to be able to watch over your parents.

1 Like

The “Wyze Band” is an absolute terrible idea/product… Why would people stop using their $400 smartwatches (ie Apple Watch) to wear a less functional device? Only people that have no idea what a “personal assistant” AI is, would use Alexa. She’s not even a “personal assistant” ai software… shes a glorified Smart Light Switch, only thing she’s useful for is turning lights on and off, and playing music…

Why did Wyze use the funds for R&D on another “smart band” (there are already to many of these in the world) and just developer a function Apple Watch app, and AndroidWear app (or whatever Google is calling it now)… Stop trying to reinvent the wheel in a market that is already flooded with them…

The only people that are going to buy that thing, are die hard [Mod Edit] Wyze fans…

Stop using manufacturing if China and you wouldn’t have to worry about tariffs… or infecting people with coronavirus… Find a manufacturing like in [Mod edit] Chicago, where people will work for $8hr doing manufacturing because the economy sucks there, and people need jobs… That’s the whole point of the tariffs, to force US companies to bring jobs to US soil! Oh wait, Wyze isn’t a US Company, they are just a front for a big Chinese company…

Wyze Cam Outdoor… Any video is going to look decent at that tiny size… Once its size is increase to, example iPhone Pro Max, its going to look like crap… just like the video quality of the WyzeCam & Pan…

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

You mean how did he install the Wyze App on and Android device? Probably like every other person that has the app… in the app store… or just download the .apk file… there are tons of sites that share legit .apk files for apps…

1 Like

There has been a skill for the Echo Show that will let you ask Alexa to show you one of your Wyze cams… for a while now… You an even ask it to show you the Camera on any FireTV device connected to the same amazon account… It doesn’t always work though… cause Wyze is to busy making dumb crap like a “wyze band”

2 Likes

Thanks for your opinion. Now may we move on? You know the phrase about opinions.

7 Likes

Thinking that everyone has a $400 smart watch is a pretty large assumption. I would think the target demographic for wyze are those that don’t have one or have an existing smart band that they would ditch for more integration.

The market was pretty saturated when they entered the Camera market and they did just fine. I would say they have never been about reinventing the wheel and more about creating decent wheels at rock bottom prices.

The people who are making minimum wage may not have the budget for a $200 camera or a $400 smart watch but they just might be able to afford what Wyze offers.

6 Likes

It’s my understand that backend access to systems and employee conduct needed auditing as well.
As I’m late to the party, do you have any links I may read that addresses the above?

1 Like

That is very true!!

1 Like

I love the Wyze Band. Now I’m waiting to hear the price next week. Price for me is the main decision factor. Pretty much, no smartwatch out there is superb. They are all work-in-progress. I’ve got a huge Wyze ecosystem, the Wyze Band will be great addition. I’m hoping Wyze will get it to us at a good price point. By the way, I love the leaked Wyze Band video on YouTube. Lol!

3 Likes

How? Can you give instructions?

1 Like

The link to sign up for hardware testing is giving a “server not found” error

1 Like

I’ve got two wired Eufy doorbells and highly recommend them. The detection and features which prevent false alerts are great. the 2K video resolution is better than Wyze and the alerts with a snapshot of the person’s face being sent to your phone, makes it easy to determine if you want to stop and answer the door bell.
As for the wired versus wireless, some of the major advantages are: 1. 3 second advance recording on alerts which isn’t available on many wireless models, 2. the power enables many of the filters and facial recognition modules which consume power, 3. the night vision light can be left on continuously which enables other Wyze cameras to see the area as lit up, when people and bugs think that the lights are off. So, if you don’t have power available, get a wireless Eufy, which can use the battery or be wired up, if it moved to a location which has door bell power.

1 Like

Ok this is super exciting. I’m currently tormenting myself trying to find a wireless cam that I can install outside.

Do we know if the Outdoor Wyze Cam will be wireless/battery powered???

1 Like

Yes it has been said many times that the Wyze Outdoor Cam will be a WiFi connected Battery Powered Camera. You will have the option to plug it in if you choose.

3 Likes

Alexa is by far the dominant US system, about 60% versus about 25% Google.

1 Like

Thank you for the updates!

1 Like

Affordable wyze band im all for it, you rather spend great Amount of money rather than a. affordable one, Apple is right around the corner help yourself out. Apple Stocks is more cheaper😂 I’d rather get that than Apple Watch that’s going to be obsolete in what two years, That’s wyze is her, they make every decision easy. Thank you WYZE!!!

2 Likes

When comparing in home Assistance, while your numbers are most likely wrong, Alexa does outshine Google Home. However Alexa is not better as an AI Assistance platform. Alexa is terrible at calendar management, integration into devices without a compatible skill (which the skills, including the one by Wyze) is usually poorly programmed by the dev, and Alexa requires a data connection 24/7, so your “Wyze” band will be useless unless you have your phone tethered to it (or Wifi if that’s a option in the product design)…

When comparing Alexa to an actual Wearable OS, like WatchOS or AndroidWear, then Alexa will FAIL every time…

Wyze has 1 Goal here… Push out as many cheap products as possible, to sell a larger amount for a smaller profit margin, in hopes to earn more by selling a larger quantity — ie quantity over quality

2 Likes