So this past week, for no reason that I know of, both of my Wyze smart plugs stopped communicating with Alexa. The up-side being; I can still control the plugs from the app like normal without any problems. However, I very much prefer the convenience of having my groups all act together as one. If I had to open a new app for all my smart home devices it would take 20 mins a day to turn everything on.
With that being said.
- I tried deleting the plugs from both the Wyze app as well as the Amazon app, then walking them both back through the setup process.
- Both plugs appeared and were initially able to be found and added via the Alexa app.
- I then tried turning the plugs on/off using Alexa and I get an error message
- Alexa is saying that the plugs server is unresponsive.
- I had (2) more newer Wyze smart plugs, so I deleted the old ones again in both apps and reinstalled and connected the newer versions of the plugs and unfortunately I am still getting the exact same error message.
Side note: I have a number of wyze cameras, including (2) cam3’s 1 cam2 (2) cam pans, the outdoor wireless cam and base station as well as approximately 6-8 smart plugs and 1 outdoor plug.
No other Cam or product from Wyze is having any issues with the Alexa integration.
Has anyone else run into this? and if so, what can I do here? I have attached a jpeg of the error message I get on my phone via the Alexa app.