I just unboxed our new 2-pack of Wyze plugs that arrived today. I put one in the living room, and it quickly paired with my iPhone’s Wyze app, and suggested an update which I did. I plugged in my lamp and can control the lamp with the app.
But when I go into the Alexa app from my iPhone I get the error:
“Device is unresponsive. If it’s no longer in use, tap “Edit” to remove from Alexa app”.
The Alexa app shows my cameras as working properly and it recognizes the new plug, but has it tagged with an error and describes the plug as “Unavailable”.
You should also run the voice command, “Discover Devices” after you make any hardware change to Alexa. And after that, open the Alexa app, select Devices and new discoveries are shown at the top. I always, on that screen, scroll the second row left to reach “all devices”. This opens so you can see all the Devices that Alexa has registered. You want to find the same named Wyze device and click it open. This completes the registration of the devices and adds it to the roles that Alexa can see.
My problem is solved. I uninstalled the Wyze app, and the Alexa app from my phone. I reinstalled the Wyze app and made sure my cameras, doorbell, and plug were working. Then I reinstalled the Alexa app, and it recognized everything automatically.
Did you try my solution?:
I uninstalled the Wyze app, and the Alexa app from my phone.
I reinstalled the Wyze app and made sure my cameras, doorbell, and plug were working.
Then I reinstalled the Alexa app, and it recognized everything automatically.
Following up, after I used the previous steps, the second Wyze plug installed without any issues. Alexa quickly recognized it for voice control, and it even triggers when the associated Wyze cam pan detects a person, after sunset, as intended.
I should point out that myphone is the master account for my homes Wyze devices, and Alexa. There are three other devices in my home that have access to Wyze and Alexa, and two more devices that are strictly Alexa, (diffrent generations of echo dots). I eventually had to “demote” every other account that had their own device, (Roomba, and a smart bulb) that were primary controls associated with Alexa. I put everything under one device, and shared that to unique users.