Wyze plugs regularly stop working

Every couple of weeks and my numerous plugs go offline. This is really annoying because each one has to be unplugged (running around house, climbing under and behind furniture) and then it takes at least a minute of wait time to make them work again before plugging them back in (tried less time, didn’t work… now running around house climbing under and behind furniture numerous times for each plug) and two of the plugs never would come back online at all so seems like permanent failure. Is this how they are supposed to work? I have had these for about a year and so far I am not pleased.

You may have some wifi interence that is creating an issue with the Wyze Sense thats plugged into the back of a Wyze cam or the Pan cam…

I would try getting an app that helps you to visually identify what wifi activity is going on in/around/near your residence… And then change channels on your router to avoid or minimize interferences…

And of course, if you change channels, you may have to reboot your router and all the attached devices… (not required per se… but I’ve found things to work a bit better if you do perform reboots on all the connected devices… )

1 Like

Hi, since I am not very techie, I don’t even really know what you mean by any of that. While that solution might work for someone who has some techie knowledge, that doesn’t really sound like a reasonable request for the layperson (me and most of the consumer public). If this product is not very plug & play friendly, then WYZE needs to do some tweaking. And maybe send me the upgraded products so that I can use them the way the instruction manual is worded without trying to diagnose my “area wifi” and fix that. I don’t have any issues with other wifi devices, and I don’t have issues with Wyze 2 cams, just the plugs. Possibly rolled out before all the bugs worked out? I appreciate your response and trying to help though, for sure.

No problem. I totally get that!!! Yes, I agree… 1000% … Things should be as straight forward as opening up the box, perform quick setup, and then just work… (Well at least in theory…)

I’ve definitely found that you have to regularly reboot the cams and/or the router that the cams and plugs are associated with…

Once the router has rebooted, I’ve had better luck with the plugs (because you have already rebooted your router. Just note… You may need to also restart devices like the plugs and cams as well because at times, it needs a swift kick in order for it to realize that it has to go out and search for a new IP address to operate under…

I will keep that in mind, thank you!