Wyze Plug - GARBAGE

This STUPID WYZE PLUG KEEPS GOING OFFLINE. ANY SOLUTIONS!! WYZE DOESN’T SUPPORT PEOPLE ANYMORE YOU HAVE TO TALK TO A [Mod edit] ROBOT!!!

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

I have 8 Wyze plugs and have not had them go offline…execpt when my own 2.4ghz wifi goes offline or is having some issue and needs are reboot, but any and all 2.4ghz wifi devices go out when that happens.

I just discovered though, the 2 plugs i installed at my Grandparents home over a month ago, to remote power cycle something…i go into that account and they are offline, but they are still connected to tier home wifi router proved that and the leds on the plugs were solid blue. Had to have them physically unplug the plugs and replug to have them re-connect to the WYZE account. No idea how long they have been “Offline” in the app.
Using Android.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @ciscoarizona. Sorry to hear about your frustration. Could you please give us some more information?

• Type of router (brand, model, is it from your ISP?)
  • Distance from your router
  • Signal strength and quality from the area the plug has been placed (This can be measured with a tool such as Netgear’s WiFi Analytics)

In order for the community, and Wyze, to assist you better, please always provide all of the following.

• Phone/tablet type and OS version on phone/tablet
  • Wyze app version (instructions here)
  • Firmware version installed on Wyze device ( Device settings (gear icon top-right) → Device Info → Installed firmware version)

This is needed because “latest” and “up to date” are subjective to when a post is added to the forum. (It is also important to distinguish whether an issue is actually with a beta version, as opposed to a public release.)

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support.)

3 Likes

I have two wyze plugs currently in use. I’ve never had to reboot either one. I live in the country my Internet goes out quite frequently. When it comes back on they repair to the internet on their own and I don’t have to do anything to get them working.

2 Likes

Have 6 Wyze Plugs since the beginning and the only time they go offline is when my internet is out or i unplug them. Have had zero issues with them. I’d investigate your home internet situation first.

1 Like

Both of my plugs have worked perfectly from the beginning also. Being a regular here and having read thousands of posts, I can’t say I’ve seen many problems with the plugs, so calling them garbage just doesn’t make sense. I would instead investigate your home network and if all is good, then I’m sure Wyze will replace the plugs if they are faulty.

1 Like

I’d echo this, the plugs seem to be one of the least reported products on the forum.

I’ve had 4 since the EA period and have all worked flawlessly as everyone else, with the exception of when my WiFi goes down.

2 Likes

I will add to the echo chamber. Plugs are rock stars in the Wyze lineup. So, please do follow up with @DreadPirateRush and let’s figure out what went sideways.

Looks like you are in AZ. I just moved here, though it is a big place and not sure if we are close enough to be of any assistance.

2 Likes

I’ll add a positive note to this also… currently running 8 Wyze plugs, most with schedules tied to them. Never had a problem with any of them. Even with power outages and weekly scheduled WiFi reboots, all plugs reconnect and resume as expected. I think most plug issues are attributed to poor or unstable WiFi signal strength.

1 Like

Just had one of the 2 plugs at my folks house is offline in the app, but the led is solid blue and router reports it is connected to wifi.

1 Like

Anyone had their wyze plugs randomly turn on? I’m thinking about adding an alarm tied to a plug but the last thing I’d want is the alarm going off accidentally.

1 Like

I’m using two plugs currently and I’ve had zero issues with them for a little over a month. I know that’s not a long timeframe to give you and overlook of their consistency but two plugs for one month no problems I think is pretty good.

I have been using these since the early access orders, with no issues. My application has mostly been with automation - IFTTT triggers and timers. I just added another to turn on a light when a door opens (contact sensor). I have never experienced an unexpected trigger (or failure to trigger when it should).

By comparison, the Sonoff inching relay that I use on my garage door phantom triggered twice this weekend. Wyze has a solid device in my experience.

1 Like

I use the plugs to turn the lights on in my AV rack when I open the door so I can see what I’m working on and adjusting. Especially when I’m changing out cables and things like that. when you’re trying to track things down you need a light. Having it come on when the door opens and then going off and the door closes is extremely handy.

I bought a $8 motion activated LED light from Ikea to do that in my closets where I wanted light.

1 Like

Lol. I had the same idea but went a different route. I put Wyze bulbs in our master closet and a contact sensor on the door. Then in our mud/laundry room from garage I put a Wyze motion sensor and bulbs. The motion sensor catches the door to/from garage and to/from house. Very handy when packed down with groceries from garage or laundry baskets from the house.

2 Likes

So…now each one of my WZYE plugs is going “offline” one after the other with like 30 min in between each. Now, the LED is flashing, but my Wifi AP controller still shows the plug as connected fine.

1 Like

I think you definitely need to get support involved.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001999771-Wyze-Plug

1 Like

Hanvt gotten a response back. was over a week ago now.
What they goona do anyway…its a plug, not much to trouble shoot. clearly an issue on their server side sync if plugs are going offline with the account, but not users wifi.
The 2 plugs at my folks house were doing it to, and the 4 at my friends, and the 5 at their neighbors. They got sent a copy paste robo link to the FAQ page on connectivity issues, so very useful. lol.

1 Like

If it’s within a small area I’m wondering it it’s your internet provider having a issue?