Wyze plugs KEEP going offline, with only fix being pulling it and replugging it in

I submitted a log for my most recent occurrence, #463692. I didn’t delete it from the app or anything. I suppose I will do that next time.

Just submitted 2 new logs for 2 devices that dropped offline today. One connected when removed from power and plugged back in, the other had to be re-added. These are both different devices from the log I uploaded 2 days ago. All 3 are the newer models, and have the latest firmware.

I just bought these in December… if we can’t get this fixed, are they refundable?

2 Likes

I have 3 of the new version plugs that are constantly failing now. Added, work for random amounts of time and fail. Delete them, re-add them many times. Same result. I just submitted logs on the latest failure.

I have even tried changing channel# on WiFi routers and using 2 different WiFi networks (each using different channels). One of the plugs has a direct line of sight to one of the WiFi routers, so not considering it to be an issue with the location. Most of my cameras are working fine on either WiFi network with only rare disconnect issues that can be easily resolved by doing a power cycle. Several of them are at extreme locations going through several brick walls.

I have WiON outlets that have worked for years without problems like the Wyze plugs. I only started using the Wyze plugs because they are smaller and don’t take up a full-duplex receptacle.

I just ordered 10 more plugs. When I get them, I am not going to update the firmware and see what happens, provided they are using an older version of the firmware.

1 Like

This has been a long tooth problem with Wyze Plugs for me for over a year. At one point they stopped doing this and now they are back to the indefinite blue blinking light thing after a power failure and/or connection loss. Oddly when I unplug each one of them individiually and then immediately plug them back in the blinking stops. This is incredibly annoying, that little blue light literally lights up each one of my kid’s bedrooms at night. I tried turning the status light off but that setting does not apply to whatever this issue is. I also tried putting black electrical tape over the light but it still illuminates some thru the casing of the plug. WYZE…please hear this thread AND FIX THIS. Thank you.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not impressed to say the least. I bought two, had issues with them. WYZE sent me two more. Now I have issues with four of them.

Maybe the number of letters in WYZE and JUNK isn’t the only thing those two words have in common?

1 Like

There is a new firmware for these currently being tested that is supposed to fix this issue

2 Likes

Hi Jason. Can any of us help test?

1 Like

If so, count me in.

You can if you would like, to get to the beta firmware go to account in the app (lower right). Then scroll down to and tap on ‘About’ (very bottom). After that the bottom should say ‘Beta Program’, go into that. Click on Edit in the upper right. Then find Wyze Plug CFH and toggle it on and save. You should now be able to update the firmware on those plugs to the beta version which at this time is 1.2.0.179

4 Likes

Woke up this morning with two plugs in a failed state again running the beta firmware. Fixed one by removing it from the outlet but when I plugged it back in it went into setup mode and I had to add it back to my account. Haven’t fixed the second one yet.

New log: 473224

After adding second plug, log: 473266

Have you had issues with plugs going offline? I’ve deleted and reinstalled four plugs multiple times. They stay online for a day or two, and then disconnect. Its been like this for at least three weeks now.

1 Like

Is there an ETA when that firmware will be released? As much fun as it is walking in the dark around my house (lol…) it’d be nice for these to get working again. Unplugging and replugging doesn’t seem to make a difference.

You can add the beta version of it and test it right now. The cam beta worked for me, I bet the plug beta will help you.

1 Like

Woke up to a couple new “blinkers” again this morning. One was on the new firmware. Log 473452 for that one. The other had to be readded, It had old firmware as apparently the update failed on it.

Add me to the group with the same issues. Three new plugs all fail. Sometimes unplug and plug them back in, but mostly they go back to setup with a constantly flashing light. The old plug keeps trucking.
Annoying is trying to use these for security when we’re remote to one house, which would require a 1500 mile trip to reset it.

2 Likes

It is not so bad when you just have to unplug and re-plug them, but when you have to delete and re-add them it is a pain. The only use I see for them now is the nice little power button on the side, and the blinking light that helps you find them in the dark. I guess it does give you about an inch of extension too. I hope they fix this problem soon, I am about to give up.

3 Likes

No need to delete, at least for me. I just re-add/re-pair and they work again for a few days.

1 Like

Well, since one might assume they are part of a security plan, the problem is that you have to physically be there in order to do that.
But I agree when you are there, it is a pain to add them again.

1 Like

Not sure why anyone would want to test it after Wild Bills post.