Wyze Plug Vacation Mode Details

Can anyone Tell me the on/off and time schedule that the Wyze Plug uses when put into Vacation mode?

@jkhilburger Here are the full details on the vacation mode time schedule from the support page. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wyze Plug Vacation Mode

5 Likes

Thank-you for posting the link.
That explains why it is reporting being on during the day.
It would be nice to have a option for nighttime only as a light during the day is useless inside the home.

1 Like

Under the Rules, You should be able to set a schedule to turn on the plug like 10 PM for example. Then create another schedule to turn the plug off at the daylight hour 6 AM for example. :slightly_smiling_face:

Another way is to use the timer just set it for the amount of hours you need and then it turns off. This works for short term uses.

1 Like

The problem Iā€™m seeing is when I set a schedule of on at 7:30 pm and an off at 6:15 am doesnā€™t allow you to save but will return the error message start time needs to be earlier than end time, which is the case, but will not allow. Please advise.

If you will skip the Add End Time part and ignore this, it will work for you. Set one schedule for ā€œonā€ and set another schedule for ā€œoffā€. The Add End Time does not currently work by my experience using the schedules.

Thanks, Iā€™ll give it a try!

Use 2 schedules. First turn on at 7:30pm and off at 11:59pm, second one turn on at 12:01am and off at 6:15am.

1 Like

Turning lights on during the day is of no use and wastes energy.
Vacation mode for night hours only is a needed feature for random turn on and off of lights.
sure You can set a on off time but that type of repeated behavior is a dead give way for someone watching the home.

I second the above comment.

Further, I have 4 plugs all used with lights spread across the house. I just set this up but I fear that they all come on and go off at the same time. Yes vacation mode is random but if in a group which is how I have them setup they seem to behave in concert with one anotherā€¦ an obvious give away.

Itā€™s not your imagination. In a group itā€™s ā€˜one on, all onā€™. Pretty much defeats the convenience of grouping if you want any sort of random operation.

Given this knowledge it makes the Wyze plugā€™s functionality as a security light control a complex way to mimic the vacation ā€œanalogā€ plug in timers I have been using with ease for years.

1 Like

I think that even if you have a rule to turn the plug of at a given time the vacation mode can still turn it on again.

You can turn vacation mode off to the plug to prevent it from turning it back on.

Of course

Useless for vacation settings; plug comes on and off randomly all day long???

The Nerds at Wyze should get their act together and implement software that can be used efficiently while someone is on vacation. Set up to turn on and off when desired and for the days desired. Does Wyze hire people that just graduated from Junior High?

There is a wishlist item to make enabling and disabling vacation mode to be added as a rule action, which gives your the ability to customize it which I believe is what your asking for. Give it a vote to show support!

I was very disappointed with Wyze plug for vacation mode also. I like random but not during the daylight hours. It Should be able to specify the hours you want it to run in vacation mode.

2 Likes

Did you all read the support article carefully?

It says that in Vacation Mode, it will only kick on between 6 AM and 9 AM, and between 6 PM and 11 PM.

Sounds perfect to me, bravo Wyze!

And letā€™s remember, itā€™s not always about controlling lighting.

I use the Wyze plug to turn on and off a computer at my vacation home, to make it look like someone is home, using the computer, at times!

1 Like

Glad it works for your needs. I prefer to have more control over the hours and days I want random control.
I can set specific on and off times with the plug that are not random but why bother when a
Simple and inexpensive mechanical light timer can do that. I expected more from the Wyze plug than a cheap mechanical light timer.