Wyze plug connection to wifi fails

I have a Wyze plug that had been working fine, but now it has stopped working. The Wyze app on my phone would show it going on and off, but nothing was happening with the actual plug. I confirmed this by plugging a test light into the plug. I also could not hear the normal click when it goes on or off. I tried to reset it, and got the Wyze wifi connection on my phone’s wifi, but it attempts to connect for a long time, then gives me the message “Connection Failed.” Appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks.

Is there any way you can move the plug close to your router? If it’s possible test the setup process.

Thanks - I tried that, I had the plug about 15’ from the router with nothing in between them. No luck. BTW, I have another Wyze plug that’s much further away and works fine. What do you mean by “test the setup process”?

I meant that you could try setting up the plug closer to your router.

Then if you’ve tried everything you might have to contact Wyze support!

I have the same problem with my plug I just got. It took quite a few time so connect the camera but when it did it worked fine,
Now I’ve tried 6 times to connect the plug to my android phone and it shows in my settings WiFi is connected to the plug, but then the app tries and fails. I know this is an inexpensive product, but after all this time, wyze can’t get it right the first time?
I’m ready to give up. The camera works fine and the complete capture is good.
But I want to see when I’m not home. I see from above that person was told to contact support. Why can’t support look at the forum to help.

I contacted tech and they walked me through a complete reset of the plug and it’s now working fine. I can’t remember, however, the exact steps we went through.

1 Like

Was it something like this?
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwjvZ6DTUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiX2h0dHBzOi8vc3VwcG9ydC53eXplY2FtLmNvbS9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMzI3OTA1MTEtQ2hhbmdpbmctV2lGaS1hbmQtRmFjdG9yeS1SZXNldAY7B1Q6DnNlYXJjaF9pZEkiKWI5YjYwM2UyLWE4ODUtNDU1NS05YTUyLTFiYzU0NGI1ZmYxNwY7B0Y6CXJhbmtpBg%3D%3D--1913707188afcbc9f69fd78fc3a234623ec623e3

Thanks.

I saw someone posted to use 2.4 WiFi and take off mobile function.
I did that and was able to get the plug connected.
However, when it got to the connecting screen, it stayed on for a few seconds, then went to a gray screen showing it was loading. After a couple min I hit the back button and there was the plug along with the cam. I’ll have to try from a remote site later. Thanks.

1 Like

I saw someone posted to use 2.4 WiFi and take off mobile function.
I did that and was able to get the plug connected.
However, when it got to the connecting screen, it stayed on for a few seconds, then went to a gray screen showing it was loading. After a couple min I hit the back button and there was the plug along with the cam. I’ll have to try from a remote site later.

Sorry, but I don’t remember for sure.

That’s ok!
I glad you got it to work! Wyze is usually pretty helpful.