Wyze Outdoor Cameras are unreliable with multiple issues

thanks for this. I ordered this and will give it a try. I have 3 Wyze Outdoor Cameras and hate to give up on them. I love their products.

So, to begin with, I just plugged in the new TP-Link, ran ethernet cable from TP-Link WAN port to a LAN port on your existing network. The WiFi password is on a label on bottom of TP-Link. It ran like a charm, shows up on your network as TP-Link_EAF4. Once it worked, I just left it alone figuring no one would even think anything of a device so named, and password was always available.

Your only problem is if your existing network is 192.168.0.x. Think linksys/cisco routers default to that.

That is the way I feel every day many times a day about all of my cameras.

Good idea to toss them out. My Wyze cam outdoor base never recognizes micro sd card… But nobody has any idea . I assume I have been cheated .

I have 8 outside battery camers and all of them are useing sandisk 128GB and work fine 4 of them are version 1…

I realize this post is from two years ago but hopefully you’ll see it. I have a tp link ax55 router. If I purchase this n300 how do I connect it to the main router, where should I position it, and how do I get my cameras to connect to the n300 instead of the ax55? I’m no techie but with instructions I can usually figure it out.

Rename Wyze to Lie ?

I’m not zippydodi, but that model seems outdated. Search Amazon (try “tp link wireless extender”) and you should see better extenders for the same price. The ones with external antennas are better.

Extenders come with instructions on how to set them up. Usually it asks for the ssid and password of your main router. Then you power them up and locate them close to the target camera. And maybe reboot routers and camera.

Me too my cameras work really great at times and then very random things fail. Including suddenly rejecting SD cards that had been working for months. I wonder if WYZE requires you to keep your computer hardware and operating system very current ?