These cameras are AWFUL, don't waste your money, esp. the outdoor V2

The Wyze outdoor (wireless) cameras are a [Mod Edit] JOKE. They never work for more than a few days and then stop responding completely and have to be deleted and re-added before they work again. Don’t waste your time and money, and avoid the hassle and inconveience and DON"T BUY ANY OF THE WIRELESS OUTDOOR CAMERAS. THEY ARE A WASTE OF $$$.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Good morning, @samk.

Welcome to the forums. I think you will find that if you post specific problem descriptions here, you will find a number of knowledgeable people who will be eager to help you figure out why your camera(s) is/are misbehaving.

For example: How many cameras do you have? Which models? How old are they? Are they updated to the latest firmware? Is your Wyze app updated to the latest revision? Stuff like that… and then the experts here (of which I am definitely NOT one) will be happy to help you.

I’m relatively new to the Wyze cams (and online cams in general) myself, and have had my share of issues with them, ended up having to return one to the store (Home Depot) because it just refused to run more than. a few hours before going offline. My other cameras (two Cam+Floodlight, one Indoor Cam Pan V3, one Indoor/Outdoor Cam V3, and one Doorbell Pro) have been working well so far, and I have received a LOT(!!!) of help from others here on the forum to fine-tune these things.

1 Like

Another happy new customer arrives throwing :fire: :fire: balls. IS the base connected via ethernet or Wi-Fi. ?
Check here, read the features, FAQ and troubleshooting. You should describe what happens besides they stop responding, like does the base go off line? weak signal to the cams?
https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/sections/360011338891-Wyze-Cam-Outdoor

3 Likes

yes, i have done all the basic troubleshooting possible. Latest firmware on camera, latest version of app, cameras are all less than 3 months old. I’ve even had Wyze replace the camera now twice, they all do the same things. When they work, they do work well, to a point, the detection is questionable, and the clips recorded all end early no matter how the “cool down” time is set, or the length of video set. Yes, i have made sure the “stop recording early if the motion stops” is NOT checked. But they all have one BIG problem. They ALL randomly stop working after some period of time, less than 8 days so far for me, but more than 4 days. Once they stop working the only chance of recovering them requires direct physical access to the camera, either as a power reset, or sometimes a full removing the camera and going through the process as if it was a new camera again. then it will again work fine for 4 days or longer, but sure as rain, it will again stop working sometime less than 8 days and again become completely unaccessable and useless. NO IT’S NOT THE BATTERY. Even after resolving the issue on any given try the battery is still well over 50%. AGAIN This has now happened to me on 4 different cameras of the same type, the V2 outdoor camera. The software is just BAD. Any “completely wireless” camera that has repeatable issues with maintaining connectivity to the system defeats 80% of the purpose of having a wireless camera in the first place.

Another Shrill for Wyze spouting the same old “did you do the basics” as every wyze support tech I have ever talked to, and completely ignoring everything I tell them I have already done in spades.

First, the base is connected over Ethernet. I would like to have it over WiFi, but despite multiple attempts, and a useless back-and-forth with a idiot at Wyze support on a ticket, I have never been able to make it work at all on WiFi. The app even shows the wiFi network in the app, but when I disconnect the ethernet, like the directions say to do, it does not connect to the WiFi shown in the app. I have turned off all security, and gone through the setup multiple times. So I have given up on WiFi and use ethernet.

Secind, yes, i have done all the basic troubleshooting possible. Latest firmware on camera, latest version of app, cameras are all less than 3 months old. I’ve had 4 different V2 outdoor cameras and they all do the same thing. When they work, they do work well, to a point, the detection is questionable, and the clips recorded all end early no matter how the “cool down” time is set, or the length of video set. Yes, i have made sure the “stop recording early if the motion stops” is NOT checked. But they all have one BIG problem. They ALL randomly stop working after some period of time, less than 8 days so far for me, but more than 4 days. Once they stop working the only chance of recovering them requires direct physical access to the camera, either as a power reset, or sometimes a full removing the camera and going through the process as if it was a new camera again. Just moving the camera closer to the WiFi router does not fix it. Once fixed then it will again work fine for 4 days or longer, but sure as rain, it will again stop working sometime less than 8 days and again become completely unaccessible and useless. NO IT’S NOT THE BATTERY. Even after resolving the issue on any given try the battery is still well over 50%. AGAIN This has now happened to me on 4 different cameras of the same type, the V2 outdoor camera. The software is just BAD. Any “completely wireless” camera that has repeatable issues with maintaining connectivity to the system defeats 80% of the purpose of having a wireless camera in the first place.

[

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: