Wyze Outdoor Camera on Solar

I know people have asked this, but I looked through the threads looking for beta tester answers. Wyze on Twiitter told me some beta testers have had some success doing this even though it’s not the intended use. Can any of those beta testers chime in and share their experiences?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

WYZE has apparently stated that running the camera outside while connected to power will void the warranty because you have to leave the rubber power port cover open. This could allow water inside the camera.
Using a solar panel to continually charge the camera would leave the same rubber cover open.
No sure why WYZE would encourage you to do this.

Anyway, all you need is a solar panel that supplies 5 volt USB power.

4 Likes

Thanks for that info. Does anyone have any suggestions on sealing this port? Silicone? Super glue?

Outdoor silicone but the microSD slot and power button are also exposed.

Ahh, I finally saw the back of the camera. I guess I’ll have to build a semi-enclosure for it.

1 Like

it would be nice to see if the aftermarket solar panel will work on the new outdoor camera,we currently are use the solar panel now on the fixed wyze cam now with no issues…thanks,

Are you people going to design a small solar panel to mount with the outdoor cam???
So it can record all the time.

there are many on Amazon now that we have used with other cameras

Don T. Handel

i currently use the solar panel thats for the Blink camera on the small wyze camera with the outside housing and works great…there on Amazon and Ebay cheap at about $36.00 USD.

Something like this?

REOLINK Solar Panel Power Supply Designed for Reolink Home Security Outdoor Rechargeable Battery Cameras Argus 2/Argus Pro/Argus Eco/Go/Argus PT, Waterproof, Reliable and Long-Stop Charging (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088R1FDP2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2La9Eb08D62VT

WYZE will void the warranty if you connect a cable to the camera while it’s outside so are definately are not going to sell a solar panel to plug into it unless they also design a waterproof connector for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Portable-Monocrystalline-Charging-Hiking/dp/B074PL55WW

I think people know that by now, I just don’t think that many people are worried about a warranty on a $50 purchase.

I agree. There are a lot of posts complaining about not being able to plug the camera in because it voids the warranty. I’ll bet 75% of WYZE cam owners have a V2 or Pan outside now, also voiding the wsrranty. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like