Wyze Lock history (log of events) keeps showing redundant entries!

Every operation such as closing, locking, unlocking, etc., shows up on the app (for both iOS and Android platforms) THREE TIMES for the same event! Tech support (Chat) was completely clueless and useless!

Does any user out there have any ideas on how to fix the issue or suggestions? Thanks!

By the way, the issue described above occured at the first use (brand new installation) of a “new” Wyze Lock and never went away. The firmware is up to date for the device (for both the gateway unit and the damn lock unit). Is this a defect unit?

I would not say the unit is defective as it seems to be working.

Can you please provide the following:

General Items

• Device being used
  • OS Version
  • Wyze App Version
  • Ticket Number from when you contacted Wyze

From the Lock

• Screen Shot of the history
  • Device Log: Go to the lock, tap on the gear, tap on Wyze Support, tap Other and enter a description, then select Submit.
  • Firmware Version

From the Gateway

• Device Log: Go to the Gateway, tap on the gear, tap on Wyze Support, tap Other and enter a description, then select Submit.
  • Firmware Version

Please post the info here so we can get this submitted.

Note: I have confirmed that mine is showing duplicates as well and will be providing the same information as above.

EDIT

@WizerYet , I have submitted mine. Here is what I provided:

General Items

• Device: Pixel 7 Pro
  • Wyze App Version: 2.39.0 (b176)

From the Lock

• Device Log: 922370
  • Firmware Version: 2.1.22.0

From the Gateway

• Device Log: 922371
  • Firmware Version: 1.2.11.0

Image of what I am seeing

Notice the Duplicates per event and time

3 Likes

Thanks for the reporting. We are working on this.

3 Likes

Same thing here, Started on the 31st of Jan. Pixel 6, android 13, app version 2.38.1(161), gateway 1.2.11, lock 2.1.22.

Edit to correct the date it started

Same issue here as well.

Thank you kindly for your reply spamoni4. My iOS version is 15.7.3. The Wyze Lock is running on firmware 2.1.22.0

Here’s a screenshot showing the issue at hand.

Mine started doing this Jan 31st. I’ve had it for almost a year and haven’t made any updates or changes to the lock settings in weeks :man_shrugging:t3:

Same here! Starting Jan 31st, I am getting the same problem of the repeating log events! Wyze team please fix this!

It appears that is getting worse? I had between 2-3 entries per event, but today it went to between 6 and 13(!!!) identical entries per event…

Is Wyze tech aware of this?

Yes, I submitted my information above and tagged @WyzeDesmond on this issue.

What helps in the resolution is to provide the basic information so Wyze Can determine the cause. Here is what I provide when reporting issues:

General Items

• Device being used
  • OS Version
  • Wyze App Version
  • Ticket Number if you contacted Wyze Already

From the Lock

• Screen Shot of the history
  • Device Log: Go to the lock, tap on the gear, tap on Wyze Support, tap Other and enter a description, then select Submit.
  • Firmware Version

From the Gateway

• Device Log: Go to the Gateway, tap on the gear, tap on Wyze Support, tap Other and enter a description, then select Submit.
  • Firmware Version

Thanks for the reporting. We are working on fixing this.

2 Likes

Same with me. Brand new as of a few days ago.

I am glad I am not losing my mind and others are experiencing the same issue. I am unsure how many days I have had duplicate entries but I would estimate about 5 days now. I sometimes get 2 and have had 3. I tried deleting the door lock and then went through the process of adding it again. I deleted the app from both my Android and iPhone and reinstalled it and I am still getting duplicate entries.

Hopefully there will be an update that will fix this annoying qlitch.

1 Like

No. You didn’t lose your mind. Wyze Tech support (chat mode) led me through a bunch of steps that turned out to be a complete waste of time! That agent apparently just followed the standard script and didn’t have a foggiest idea how to “fix” the problem.

Good to know it’s not an isolated “incident”, but it’s rather a software bug. That makes you wonder if they actually tested the new release before they pushed it out or they’ve gone cheap on software development crew.

“Quality, oh quality! Where has quality gone to?!”

For the most part, I have been pleased with the door lock I have had for 2 years and over 9 months. I can live with the double entries for now. I have 7 Wyze products and all have been reliable and reasonably priced.

3 Likes

@raygreen3 I concur, I’ve had mine for over a year, and have many other Wyze products and have been happy with all of them. Double entries are an annoyance at worst but they don’t affect the usage of the Lock. I almost never look at the lock entries log, I wouldn’t have known about this issue if it wasn’t for the forum.

@YZNOT there hasn’t been a FW update for the Wyze Lock since August of 2020, so this must have been a hidden bug that only showed up with time :man_shrugging:t2:

Noticed the same as people above with duplicate entries, however I am also having the lock extend the deadbolt while the door is open (and it acknowledges it is in open status when I opened the app!) and it has caused my wife and I to try and close the door while leaving and the bolt slamming into the door frame and causing damage.

Lock locks uncommanded and there are no auto lock features turned on.

Welcome @k2motors

You may want to calibrate your lock again. Go to the Settings area and tap on Calibrate.

If the Calibration is off, then the door could lock when it is open.

@spamoni4

Door position has been calibrated several times. The lock reports the door is open and then locks the door as shown in my posted image. Door open, lock locked.

I sent logs to support and they are sending me a new lock under warranty. Hopefully this lasts longer than 6 months.

1 Like

Glad you are getting a new Lock. Wonder why it was happening