Wyze Lock - Cannot click "next" to connect to gateway

I purchased a second wyze lock for my home. I have a lock and gateway setup already, the new lock is less than 10 feet away from the existing gateway. I make it all the way through the setup prompts, but after pressing the button on the lock and hearing it beep, then with the green light flashing as directed, I cannot click “next” to continue setup to pair to the gateway.

I have tried three devices - two phones and one tablet - with no success. I can tap “next” endlessly and it simply stays on that screen.

I tried connecting the included additional gateway just for the heck of it and had the same results with it. Once in pairing mode, I cannot get the gateway to connect and I am stuck at the “next” prompt in the app.

As far as I can tell, the app is up to date, the firmware is up to date and the wifi is working fine. What can I do from here?

I don’t own a Lock, but I’m hoping there are 2 ways to add the gateway – via the Add Gateway, and via Add Lock? Does the one you aren’t using work? The Outdoor camera currently has a problem like this for it’s Base.

If so let us know, and we will see if we can get some attention on the subject.

I did some more searching on the topic. It’s an issue with Android 11 and 12. The app permissions for Location need to be “access all the time” instead of “only while in the app.” This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

It sure does need to be fixed. I spent an hour screwing around until I spotted your post. Thanks for the info.