Wyze Lock Batteries Drain When No Door Actions

I really hate the lock. Batteries drain without the door even being used. Last Saturday I put brand new Energizer Max batteries in. Reading 100%. Nobody is home and the door has remained shut. Today the batteries read 33%. This lock sucks and I’m looking for suggestions on a better solution.

May I suggest the Wyze Lock Bolt? Yeah it’s not a remote-access lock, but the batteries have lasted me a FULL year and fingerprint access is pretty quick.

2 Likes

There must be something wrong. I installed my lock in July and only replaced the batteries a couple of days ago, for the first time. I don’t use auto lock or anything like that. I have location rules that lock and unlock, plus some scheduled rules. I do remember some posts mentioning that if you have auto lock enabled and you leave the door open it drains batteries VERY quickly.

1 Like

Yeah, shockingly fast for Auto Unlock.

If the features suit your needs, consider the Bolt Lock.
Mine has been running on the same original battery set for 19 months now.

2 Likes

Ditto.

I typically get 7 or 8 months from a set of batteries in my Wyze Lock. I use the auto-lock feature to lock the door 10 minutes after I close it, I disabled the auto-unlock feature and use a location rule instead to unlock the door.

The batteries will drain quickly if it is not locked.

I have had this lock since they were released.

My lock worked fine for 2 months. Then I replaced the batteries and it didn’t update the battery level. It also now drained 2 sets of batteries within a day… THIS HAS TO BE A PROGRAMING ISSUE!!! WYZE FIX THIS.