Wyze Lock: Auto Unlock with Wyze app not open

I’m getting ZERO percent accuracy the last month… from the day it arrived after pre order, this lock has worked perfectly (for the most part) except when we didn’t realize the batteries were low. This past month it hasn’t opened automatically at ALLLLL that I recall. It’s open from the app or my dog notifies people inside to come open the door for us… what changed bc it didn’t matter before if the app was open or closed, it opened the door before we got to it or right as I went for the knob. Then it became super slow and when I’d be fumbling around trying to get my phone, it would open. Then stopped opening at all…

According to the FAQ, the app is supposed to be off for the unlock to work. Mine seems to only unlock with the app open but not every time. Also according to the FAQ, the lock can be shared, but that is another mystery as well. I have 2 phones, I use one for work and one for calls. My wife has the same setup as me with the same configuration of phone models. The lock does everything as it should with both of my phones, but tells my wife’s phones to get lost period. neither will pair to the little round thing that connects it to the lock. I spent a few hours with support about this as my 30 days are about up and the only good part about it is it can be voice controlled such as that is. Right off the bat, I turned the auto lock off as that’s a joke having to keep either the phone or keys in my hand if I want to go outside for whatever reason. I am posting this here as there is no post at all about my issue that I’ve found. Hope this helps someone.