Wyze Leak and Climate Sensors and Wyze Robot Vacuum Replacement Kits now available! 6/22/21

Regarding these sensors and how often they report, such as being periodic or exception based (only report when temp or humidy changes by at least x amount), someone said:

This is why they are able to use a smaller battery than the other sensors and still last a long time.

Just thought some other people would interested in the information someone shared in another forum about these (named WyzeDavid on Reddit, but as yet unconfirmed if theyā€™re an actual employee).

2 Likes

Understood, thanks!!

1 Like

My question., is there a setting to show
Temperature Measured in Tenths?

1 Like

Great news on the new sensors orders have been made.

Great news on the vac accessories as well, one suggestion you could pass along @UserCustomerGwen. Update the WYZE App WRV accessory page to take the customer to the accessory purchase page. When you select buy now it takes the customer to the WYZE main page

1 Like

Can I use the Home Monitoring System without paying for the monthly service? I just want to monitor it myself but I like the new sensors. Really disappointing if I canā€™t do that, please make the sensors work with the standard Wyze app, The only reason to limit it is to force people to pay you monthlyā€¦

If I buy the Home Monitoring starter kit, and cancel the service I keep the hardware, but can I do anything with it at that point? I didnā€™t see this mentioned in the FAQ or anywhere else.

Anyway, thanks for all the awesome products!

PS. Get more lamps and nightlights in stock please.

2 Likes

The exact question I logged into the forum for. I donā€™t need/want professional monitoring. I just want to use the new sensors how I use the v1 sense stuff. I donā€™t really want the hub either. I really liked the camera back packs for the v1 sense. I thought it was really innovative and a market differentiator.

1 Like

All the new v2 sensors connect to the new hub only but you can connect v1 sensors to the new hub. I have no problem monitoring my sensors in the normal wyze app without going under the monitoring service things are still working the same as before with sense just going thru the hub now instead of the old camera hub add on the home monitor service has its own special tab that you can use if you want but everything works without it. I hope this information helps
Ps the new hub covers a much bigger area and responds much faster to alerts

2 Likes

So it sounds like it will work how Iā€™m looking for then? Sweet thanks, I appreciate the response.

Good to know you donā€™t need a monitoring service. I ordered a hub

Yep it works without the service ā€¦ also if you happen to get the bundle that comes with the service you can put it in test mode so it wonā€™t call moonlight or anything like that unless you take it out of test mode. So you could still get the new features without it calling moonlight if you wish.

I havenā€™t been able to order the either of the sensor packs. Anyone have the spinning bar on shipping page and get stuck? I removed them from the cart and tried one at a time. I used 2 different machines both with the same result. Never had problems buying things before from them this way.

Edit: It is something in the Chrome browser, I used a different one and it went through.

A year ago, I would have bought one of those leak sensors in a heartbeat, but now I donā€™t need one. Also, I would have bought a few of those climate sensors right now if they worked without a hub and I could use it to automate turning on/off a Wyze Plug. Looks like Wyze Sense used to do something like that, but I donā€™t see any options for that right now. I currently have a Govee Bluetooth climate sensor, because it was the cheapest option I could find, but I canā€™t automate anything with it since the only way to get to the data is to manually connect to it and download the data over Bluetooth.

Since the climate control sensor measures humidityā€¦ I wonder if it would work as a digital hygrometer inside a humidor?

I do not want, (or need), ā€œhome monitoringā€ (and the yearly $60 fee that goes with it) :wink: ā€¦ but I do want, and desperately need to, upgrade my version 1 sensors, (as many, 6 of 22, so far, have failed), to the new V2 sensors.

But I need a hub. (Just the hub) I havenā€™t been able to find a way to buy the hub separatelyā€¦ (Iā€™d like to buy the hub first to see how well the V1 sensors that are still working, connect to itā€¦
and then add new V2 sensors to replace the failed v1 sensors as neededā€¦ And budget allows. :nerd_face:

So, when can I buy a just the hub separately? without purchasing home monitoring?

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly how I want to use these servicesā€¦ I donā€™t want a home monitoring calling the police
ā€¦I have neighbors that have been billed by the town for false alarmsā€¦ and I wouldnā€™t want to risk thatā€¦ (If I get a timely alert on my phone, I can do the same thing a ā€œprofessional home monitoring serviceā€ can doā€¦ for freeā€¦ which is to dial 911)

Iā€™m looking for a budget-friendly option to do it myselfā€¦ and thatā€™s why I bought $20 cameras from WYZEā€¦ (when I first bought them they were offering free person detection for life ā€¦but thatā€™s gone by the wayside), because they were very budget-friendlyā€¦ Itā€™s also why I invested in the version one sensor system by putting contact sensors on all doors and windows, and motion detectors in every room, (22 contact sensors 6 motion detectors throughout the house) only to find out that they had a hidden, and fatal flawā€¦ If the battery is allowed to go dead the sensor dies with the battery forever. (Now the version one sensors have been abandoned completely)

Iā€™ve had six contact sensors go permanently dead, and two motion sensors die, due to low battery issuesā€¦

and, I just discovered two more contact sensors on windows that I never open, that are dead as door nailsā€¦ not once in over a year, did I receive a low battery notification on either of those sensorsā€¦ yet theyā€™re both junkā€¦ and now those windows donā€™t have contact sensors on themā€¦ and I canā€™t buy any new ones without buying yearly home monitoring. (I hope you can understand my frustration)

The new home monitoring only being sold with a yearly subscription is not what Iā€™m looking forā€¦

The exact opposite actually.

(This was supposed to be a reply to a comment made aboveā€¦ but the person I was replying to didnā€™t get taggedā€¦ and it didnā€™t get put after that personā€™s postā€¦

so excuse me if it seems out of placeā€¦ but I canā€™t seem to figure out how this discussion board worksā€¦)

You donā€™t need to use the monitor service. (You leave it in test it wonā€™t call anyone)I just looked at it as a bonus if you look at the pricing they give you a discount for the service off the price of the system. I am not crazy about being forced into it either but the price is not bad for what you get. The v2 sensors are much faster to respond in the app and have been reliable for me so far.

2 Likes

Iā€™d really rather just buy a hub to start withā€¦
because I already have a lot of sensors from the version one system that can be used with the version twoā€™s hubā€¦

but they donā€™t sell the hub separatelyā€¦ At least I havenā€™t found it anywhere separatelyā€¦

(And as I look across the room to where my router is, and the outdoor camera hub that sits next to the router, the thought of yet another hub sitting there, is making me think I donā€™t want to bother at all)

I just found some really great motion sensors and contact sensors, and leak sensors (I bought one of each to try out), made by a company called ā€œShellyā€ that are fantasticā€¦ (They also make some very cool Edison style smart bulbs) theyā€™re more expensive, but they have a 3-year battery life, and their feature set is nothing short of wildly impressiveā€¦ Most importantly, They donā€™t require a separate proprietary hubā€¦ theyā€™ll work with the generic #Zigbee hub thatā€™s built into my Amazon Echo 4th gen Smart speaker, and that seems to be the simplest solution going forwardā€¦ (Most everything else in my house works with the #SmartLife ecosystem, ā€¦which Alexa also recognizes, and can make routines to automate almost anything in the house very simply)

Hopefully WYZE will sell the hub separately without the home automation package, and I can begin to use the version one sensors that I have installed throughout my house againā€¦ but until then, Iā€™ll continue looking for alternativesā€¦

Yes you can still use it. Not sure what features will go away, but you can use the hub and sensors to notify you as those function as the old V1ā€™s did - Just better distance.

I have not cancelled my service yet as I have signed up for 1 year to play and see if I want to keep it. But I am still in test mode and everything continues to work. My belief is that the keypad would be the issue, but not sure on that. Maybe another forum member who has cancelled their HMS, can shed some light on this.

1 Like

Wow that was some quick shipping on the WRV replacement parts kit. Everything packed nicely and fits as expected. :+1: Looking forward to those leak and climate sensorsā€¦ :smiley:

4 Likes

I also want to know if we can use them without the monitoring service as I do my own monitoring.

Will we be able to trigger events through the climate sensors like turn on a light or turn on a smartplug?

@UserCustomerGwen Any thoughts on this?