Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

I have tried for a few days now

Sadly, that may be the problem here. :frowning:

Ok that’s how it works. The feed doesn’t stay on my network? I have no issue viewing the cameras in the app.

I live in Brampton, Ontario in Canada and it works with google hub
it takes some time
but definitely works!

1 Like

I set the camera to the lowest setting. And I get an image sort of. Anyone out there have a google mesh and can see the speed there google home transmits at when displaying?

1 Like

What the hell? Only in US. Not working in Aus. ???

We’re sorry to hear that it isn’t working for you, rik. We opened up the action worldwide but international results will vary.

WAIT! - Stand by- maybe it is working.
WyzeHome account was found by my Google assistant. Cameras were found and now logged to my Google Asst account. Cameras are present in their corresponding rooms.

I just need to test that they work as advertised. That will have to wait until I get home tonight.

1 Like

Tentative hooray! :smiley:

Hmm
 seems to have connected to my Wyze cam account, however, when I ask it to stream a video my assistant wants to know specifically which screen to stream too, I only have one and it’s my phone shrugs.

is there a list of commands that can use? what am I missing?

Are there actual instructions to get Wyze products to work with Google Home?

2 Likes

Love the new integration with Wyze cams. How to get video to not timeout after 10 minutes? I want to use my Google Home Hub as a video monitor for the kids.

1 Like

Couldn’t find instructions. Figured out by exploring Google Home app on my phone.
Launch Google Home app
Click account settings icon (lower right)
Click set up or add
Click set up device
Click works with Google
Scroll all the way down to Wyze and click it
Click add to home
Click next
Click room to assign it
Repeat for each Wyzecam

2 Likes

You can click the magnifying glass at upper right and type in Wyze instead of so much scrolling when you go to add it. It pops up after entering just the first two letters.

I have tried this. I set up the camera in the Google Home App and I’m trying to stream it to a chromecast. I keep on getting the error message from Google Home “It looks like the stream is unavailable” but when I go to the app the stream is fine.
Also on my Google Home app where I added the camera to a room, I see a camera icon with a little settings icon in the upper right. Is this normal?

The current integration is only to send video stream to chromecast devices, (or chromecast-compatible devices such as CC built in), and Google Assistant smart displays (like the Google smarthub or Lenovo smart displays). They are supposed to be working on integration to show live stream in the Google home app, but that’s down the line).

1 Like

When I tried to add Wyze Home to Google Home app, I get a error message “Something went wrong, Try Again” after putting my Wyze credentials.

Tried 4-5 times, with the same results. I made sure my Cams had the right firmware.

Any suggestions?

I linked to Google home as soon as I saw this great news. Works perfectly! It takes a few seconds to connect, but it works in PerĂș! Finally!!! You, people, are so great, really!
From PerĂș, extremely happy!

the 15 second-lag is a real killer.
it cann’t even be called “live”

1 Like

Yeah, I was actually going to comment on this since @UserCustomerGwen mentions on the initial post that it works on “any Google Assistant enabled device with a screen!” but it doesn’t work on phones (Google Pixels) which are Google Assistant enabled and have a screen :slight_smile: Maybe a small edit to that initial post Gwendolyn? :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, I setup this feature a few days ago and it has been working fine, what I didn’t know off the bat was which phrase to use but was helped on FB by someone else and voila, it managed to display on my chromecast.

Just to use as an example, my chromecast is called “Snowcast” and my v2 is called “Cocina” which inside the Google Home app I assigned it to the kitchen room and the Snowcast to a custom room called Snowplex. The call phrase to stream it in my case is:

“Hey Google, show cocina on snowcast”

btw, working in Panama :panama: perfectly. Takes around 15-30 seconds to load up and stabilize but then the stream is fine.

1 Like