Wyze Doorbell Motion Tagging

Please add motion tagging to the wyze doorbell. When motion is triggered, it would be helpful to see the green motion tagging box around the object that triggered motion.

Also, a siren would be nice to ward off potential unwanted visitors.

Welcome to the Wyze community @tdesouki!
Don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist item!

When motion is detected on the Cam Pan cameras, the event playback shows a (green box) around the area where it detected motion. The Door Bell does not have this feature. I am getting multiple events from my Door Bell and am trying to use the Detection Zone to block out motion for the unwanted alerts, but so far I have not been able to determine what is causing the motion alerts. Motion identification like the Cam Pan has would be helpful on the Door Bell.

5 Likes

Absolutely need this! I’ve blocked off anything in view that could conceivably move, to the point where the “active” area is ridiculously small and broken up and I’m STILL getting motion notifications every few minutes.

1 Like

Howdy… So about 6-8 months ago I bought the Wyze Doorbell (original). It’s been working fine from a ‘it works as a doorbell’ and ‘it shows video’ perspective, but I’ve learned over this time that the various features (motion alerts, people, packages, etc) are spotty, at best. In all the time the doorbell has been installed, I have never, repeat, never, been alerted to the mailman delivering mail. Why is this odd you may ask; because my mailbox is less than 3 feet from the doorbell. The only way the mailman could escape being seen is if they went full-on ninja spider-man mode and flung the mail from the roof with his webslinging!

Anyway, I digress, because what this is really about is the insane number of notifications I get for motion in general. I’ve played with the Detection Zone countless times, fiddled with the Sensitivity, all to no avail. If it’s windy outside, like today, I will get notifications all day unless I just turn off notifications. My current detection zone is probably about 1/3 the size of the total video area and there are no trees, limbs, or anything I can see in the zone that should setoff motion detections.

So, when I do get a notification for motion and then look at the clip, I see nothing that would’ve set it off. I understand the doorbell doesn’t have motion tracking because it can’t move and follow whatever is moving. However, it would be immensely helpful if it would at least highlight in a green box (like the regular cams) what it thinks is motion so we could then adjust the detection zone with some semblance of where it’s seeing motion.

Here’s screenshots of the doorbell’s FOV as compared to what I setup for detection zone. If I just keep reducing the zone size or sensitivity (currently at 30), then, well, not much point to having a video doorbell.

Full View -

Today’s Detection Zone -

Thanks!

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums @CamRat ! Ive moved your post to the wishlist thread of the feature you requested. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

Voted & thanks!

1 Like

Motion Tagging on Doorbell Pro

Can all the same features from the wyze cam/cam pan be added to the doorbell? E.g. motion Tagging.

Camera Doorbell Pro - motion tagging feature missing

motion tagging feature is NOT on the Doorbell Pro - it should have the same as the Cam V3

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.