Wyze DashCam

I’d devote as much as needed. Esp if getting paid lol. Sim wouldn’t be a must just optional making it more attractive to budget wise folks. I have in car wifi so sim wouldn’t really be necessary in my case. But awesome to include. I also will not stick anythingvto my windshield I’m overly ocd bout clean glass and no wires , maybe even put a temp sensor on it. Measuring the exterior temp but importantly the inside when u have a pet in the car while in store to assure ac is functioning properly, including a windshield hanger stating “I’m a wyze pet mom/dad” “don’t bust the windows you’ll let my cool air out” practical as F.

Blink mini has a rechargeable battery.

When you said 360 did you mean the OEM feature used for parking and trailer hitching? With that and in-car Wi-Fi you just have to figure out how to get these to work double duty as security.

Another request for a 24hr dash cam just like how your new outdoor cam works. We can plug it into car every time it needs to be charge and work on sound and motion detection when car is off. Battery life like your new outdoor cam.

If car is near home it can jump on wifi, optional LTE or video clips will be uploaded from camera storage when it jumps on wifi to phone app.

The industry definitely needs a car security cam for 24 hr recording without draining car battery.

4 Likes

A dash cam would be great, something for the car in or out side

2 Likes

I would definitely be in line for these… I know there is a big push in the Uber/Lyft community right now for dash cams. You may even be able to get partnered with them (as long as they don’t mark them up too much. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It occurred to me the other day I’d love a Wyze dashcam that connected to my wifi when I’m home to review recordings. I suppose I could use a regular Wyze camera, but the form factor is weird for a dashcam. Anyway, I’d love one. Anyone else?

1 Like

Yes! I have wanted a Wyze dashcam since I bought my first Wyze cam last year. If were about the same size as a Good To Go pass, removable for charging (like the Outdoor cam), and small enough to velcro to the front and back windshields…ideal!

2 Likes

this is a no. They need to take care of these false notifications before adding a dash cam that a driver will rely on.

Yes, this would be great to have!

Maybe even have a pass through car lighter power supply that allows for multiple devices to be connected.

I’d love to see a new dashCAM from you guys… Any plans?

Wyze Dash CAM - would love to see something like this… maybe connects to wifi when available for uploads, or to cell phone… record, maybe have options for side and rear view??

Thanks!
Ron

3 Likes

Good morning all,

I think it is time wyze for you to think about this big project, which will acquire a large segment of the beneficiaries and buyers, and transform and start the production of the Dash Cam.

Thank you :pray:

3 Likes

Not until the Wyze App works in landscape mode!. This is getting more critical as time streaks by. I’m getting older and would love to see this (the App upgrade) done before I croak.

I agree. That would be a great device to have with the associated anchor and power supply. How soon can you make it happen?

Is there a Car dash cam in the works???

Simple. Stick the double sided foam tape that comes with a V2 or V3 to the windshield. Stick the metal disk that comes with the cameras to the tape. Mount camera to metal disk. Plug the power cord into a cigarette lighter adapter or USB outlet if your car has those. Should be a power source that is always on. Done.
I’ve had two cameras in my pickup for a couple years and counting. The one thing to keep in mind is that although the power draw is not large, it is there. When I had COVID last year, I did not go anywhere and with two cameras, it took five days to run down the battery enough that the cameras stopped working (my router notifies me when they no longer respond to pings).
Both cameras are powered 24x7 and recording continuously. The forward facing camera is a V3 that is locked in daytime mode with the IR illuminators off. The other camera is a black V2 that points at the driver and driver’s window that is in Auto mode with the IR illuminators enabled. They connect to my WiFi when I’m home, and I have an SSID on the WiFi at work that is the same as my IoT WiFi at home so they connect when the truck is at work.

1 Like

Interesting. But do the cameras still work while driving and out of range of those hotspots at work and at home?

Yes, they record to the uSD 24x7. Obviously I can only access them when they are in WiFi coverage at home or work, or if I bring up a hotspot with the same SSID and password (something I normally do only one day per year).

BTW, I drive a 4x4 pickup that does get used somewhat regularly off road, and I have NEVER had a camera come off the metal plate other than when a camera was hit. If in doubt, you could just use the foam tape directly to the base of the camera rather than depending on the magnet.

Non-IoT vacuums not doing for ya? :grinning: