Wyze color bulbs rules not working

Thank you @QiS
When I click on + add action I get that message

hey @raffihajjar10 as @QiS mentioned, this is being looked into, for the sake of clarity, im going to attempt to have one of the mods merge this with another post of the same issue just so it is easier to navigate and is there is a solution found, it only has to be posted in one place.

1 Like

All of a sudden… I can see and control four Wyze Color Bulbs (and all eight cameras) in the app home screen. However, when creating a Rule, no bulbs (only the cameras) are available to select/control. Please help.

1 Like

Hi @jwojo0 what do you mean “no bulbs (only the cameras) are available to select/control.”?

Could you give me a screenshot? I also need some information to solve the issues.

• App version
  • Bulb firmware version
1 Like

@QiS
I can also verify the color bulbs will not show on Android 2.28.0 (102) with firmware 1.2.0.429 as an action to a rule. A group of color bulbs will show up but not color bulbs by them self.

1 Like

Same here, yesterday I set up a rule on new bulb and it took, I deleted rule to set up a new rule, now no bulbs show up to assign rule to. Funny part is there were no updates of bulbs or apps, the color bulbs just don’t show up, the strips still do show up though.

App 2.28.0 (a11) Color bulb Firmware Ver. 1.2.0.415 Plugin Ver. 3.2.0.87

I just checked mine as well. No color bulbs are showing up in the Rules Action Location. However, my color bulb groups are.

1 Like

Yes I just tested that out also, It shows up in groups but not individually anymore.

1 Like

I shall join my fellow maven @spamoni , I am in the same boat. I am running
app V2.28.0 ( b100) BETA if that helps at all FW 1.2.0.429

1 Like

I am running Android App Version 2.28.0.102 and FW Version 1.2.0.429

Just checked on my iOS device running App version 2.28.0 (a11) and have the same iussue.

1 Like

Same situation here.

Same. Have this exact same issue. Can’t make new rules for Wyze Bulb Colors anymore.

I started having the same problem the day this thread started. Commenting on it so I can receive updates and, eventually, a solution.

1 Like

Hi All, I think the issue was solved. Would you please try to use the color bulb in Rule Engine again?
If there are any other issues, please let me know.

2 Likes

Working fine now from production Android app v2.28.0 (102). Thank you for the quick response and fix and glad it didn’t require a new app version. :+1:

Edit: Also looking good from iOS app version 2.28.0 (a11).

1 Like

Working again! Thanks for your quick response.

2 Likes

Thank you @QiS its working now

2 Likes

@QiS I still do not see the bulbs showing up individually in Rules but they do show up as a group in Rules. Android v2.28.0 (102) fw 1.2.0.429

Hi @WyzeJasonJ could you kill your app and try again? If it doesn’t work, please submit a lot and we’ll dive deeper.

@QiS After fully rebooting my phone it is now working properly

1 Like