Wyze Cam vinyl wrap (original wyzecam, unsure if v2 is exact same size)

A project I made with Cricut vinyl cutter.

Very nice! Here is my spray paint job @ https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/wyze-cam-autopsy

Vinyl Cutter: https://www.amazon.com/Cricut-Explore-Air-2-Machine/dp/B01GSOMVRG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1523876361&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=vinyl+cutter+cricut&psc=1

It would be neat if somebody made the die cut decals for these like they do for cell phones and whatnot. Give it an easy to apply flat black, wood grain, granite, or whatever you want finish. Make them easier to blend into various decors. Plus the decal could cover the LEDs if one wanted.

Not to mention, if wrapped in black, it would reduce the very annoying (white) reflection when pointed through a window when the sun is up. I’ll order a baker’s dozen if/when anyone makes these available.

1 Like

I do have matte black vinyl as well as many other colors. I can do $2 a piece. That should cover material and shipping. I am by no means a professional. The one I made covers the front and the left/right side. I’ll have to figure out the top though. I’d of course throw in a couple extra for mistakes.

Cool, I’ll take 10 of the matte black! If I choose to cover the top, I can just use the black gaffer tape I got from Amazon (hmm, I wonder if your vinyl cutter can cut this stuff). Now, I need your email address or vice versa. Can you either provide it here or in your Wyze profile (and edit out later if you wish) or would you rather I do this? I don’t believe this forum supports IM etc. between users, so I’m not sure how else we exchange info. Thanks.

Updated profile.

Got it, thanks Tony. I’ll send you an email with my info in a few minutes. ?

Says it is private and cannot access it :frowning:

project_not_available.jpg

Shoot me a paypal to toddreg@hotmail.com

very nice !

excellent idea.

I did add tops so the matte black covers front, left, right and top :wink:

I have a wrap from Tony! I have it on my camera which points out through my living room window. The black really cut down the glare! I love it!

My view:

Thanks Good view. U can watch out for the neighbors too! Props for the neighborhood watch thing going on. :slight_smile:

I was probably the first to order these from Tony. Ordered 10 of them and couldn’t be happier. Perfect fit and just as @Phoffer961 mentioned, they’ve really helped reduce the reflection on the cams I have pointed through windows.

Hi, Tony! Just wanted to let you know I shot you an email to place a order, just in case it ends up in your junk box. Have a great weekend!

Tony; I’ll take 5 if you still have some available. I can pay via PayPal if that works. Thanks!!

Great idea! Waterproofing the next step?

You’ll have to look elsewhere for waterproofing. I can only do so much lol ?