Wyze Cam v3, Wyze Pan v2, Wyze Plug 2021, Wyze Plug Outdoor Firmware Beta Test 11/22/2021

Wyze Cam v3:

Version:

Wyze Cam v3:

• Added support for exFAT microSD card format

• Improved logs

• Stability improvements

• Bug fixes

Wyze Lamp Socket:

• Improved sunrise/sunset schedule performance

• Improved connection with Wyze Cam v3

• Fixed a pairing bug when using multiple Wyze Cam v3 cameras

• Fixed a night vision bug

• Stability improvements

• Bug fixes

Wyze Cam Floodlight:

• Adjusted the lighting threshold for when the floodlight turns on

• Fixed a siren bug

• Improved logs

• Bug fixes

Wyze Cam Pan v2:

Version:

What’s New:

• Fixed an integration bug with Wyze Home Monitoring

• Fixed a log issue after unexpected reboot

Wyze Plug 2021:

Version:

What’s New:

• Added support for Time of Day local scheduling

Wyze Plug Outdoor:

Version:

What’s New:

• Improved syncing behavior when Wyze Plug Outdoor reconnects
8 Likes

I swear there was a firmware release for this at the beginning of the year. I remember everyone was having problems with exFAT for a long time, then Wyze did an update to make exFAT work and suddenly everyone was able to use exFAT on V3’s.

1 Like

Did the install on my:

• V3 Cameras without issue
  • Pan V2 without issue
  • Outdoor Plug without issue

However,

There is No option to update my 2 2021 Plugs. I think this is because there is no Beta selection for the 2021 Plug FW in the Beta Program area. I see Wyze Plug in the Beta FW area, but believe it is for the older version. so my question is, how do we get the Beta FW for the 2021 Plugs?

4 Likes

Same. Everything updated perfectly except the wyze plugs. No update shown/offered for them.

1 Like

@Yichen

Updates deployed successfully on all devices v3s, Pan Cam V2, Wyze Plug Outdoor (No v2 plugs here)

But I have found the siren option (and other goodies floodlight/lamp socket) missing from the Pan Cam V2 in the rules engine now. Verified on iOS (V2.26.21 and PCv2 FW4.49.1.34) and Android (V2.26.22 and PCv2 FW4.49.1.34)

Pan Cam V2 actions----------V3 actions for reference

2 Likes

I just looked at our ptz version 2 and we have the siren and the firmware is 4.49.1.25

Yep, knew it was there before because I have multiple leak sensor rules that turn on the siren on my PCV2s and V3s.

Went to build some test rules with the Contact sensors and found it to be missing

2 Likes

@Yichen … applied updates to Cam v3, Pan v2, Plug 2021 and Plug Outdoor yesterday. Everything working well so far.

Could you add sunrise/sunset ± delta to Wyze Plug 2021 firmware like Bulb Color scheduling?

Plug 2021:

Bulb Color:

Does that mean cards larger than 32 GB are now officially supported, or is that still awaiting further testing and is still a “use at your own risk” proposition?

Updated 2 of my v3 one failed but then updated no problem, not sure if it was just an actual error or if the app just reported back wrong.

Will have to get my outdoor Plug installed soon and test that as well.

How did you get the plug FW update? :slight_smile:

I don’t see it.

Here is the interesting thing:

I have the 2021 plug, installed them May 0f 2021. I selected everything for Beta Firmware which includes “Wyze Plug”. But when I look at the Wyze Beta Program Page, I don’t see the plug listed. I do see the outdoor plug, but not the 2021 Plug. Am I missing something? This could be why I am not getting the Beta FW.

2 Likes

I do not see it either on my 2021 plugs. All other updates are installed and working great.

2 Likes

Anyone else’s flood light always seem to be ON after this update? I go in to live view , turn off flood light , exit live view and it instantly turns back on. Events show no triggers. No matter how many time I manually turn off the flood light from the live view it just turns back on after I exit camera live view.

Edit: Just narrowed it down to when ever the PIR sensor is on (even at NEAR 1% and sensitivity LOW) it would turn the flood light on automatically. If I set the trigger to when camera senses motion it works fine.

I don’t remember which beta app I used to do the update, but I did it from the Home > Account > Firmware Update path vs Device Info path. 2021 Plug doesn’t show up as a Beta Program option for me anywhere in any flavor of app either. :neutral_face: On a positive note, all the test schedules I created yesterday ran flawlessly, but none were recorded in History.

Interesting. I am still at 1.2.0.93. Would like to get the update FW

1 Like

I think I updated from production Android app 2.26.22. My screenshots are from that production version also.

That is the same app I have. I will reach out to Wyze and see if there is something else I could try. I will remove one of them and add it back again. Maybe that will trigger it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most of mine are at 1.2.0.93 but a couple are at 1.2.0.80 as well

@Yichen The updates I installed are working fine as indicated previously. However, I cannot seem to get the Plug Update. I am still at version 1.2.0.93, no update is availabale. I even went into the Beta FW area and deselected and then selected the plug again. Still no update. I then removed one of my plugs from the app and then added it back again, still no update. Is there anything else we can do to get the Plug Firmware Update?

5 Likes