Wyze cam V3 stuck on solid red light

I need to remember not to do this. I hope they take it down by time I get mine.

1 Like

Same issue here. 2 of my 3 Wyze Cam V3’s are stuck on the solid red light after doing the firmware update. I’ve tried manually loading different older firmwares…still nothing. Hard reset…nothing. Time to talk to support.

2 Likes

Add me to this list.
About 2 weeks ago my first V3 bricked, the power button no longer did anything, tried to manually reflash firmware but can’t get it to turn purple. Got replacement from amazon, and the 2nd one just bricked exactly same way, what the hell?? No amount of pressing or trying to reset works. This one makes a noise and the IR’s flash, but red light and that’s it. I have had V2’s for years, countless updates, Outdoors in the sun, -30C weather, never an issue.
Any tips to salvage this one?

1 Like

I am still baffled with this one. Everything I tried with the help of support didn’t work. All V3s still stuck on solid red light. Expecting some replacements as they are under warranty but I’m seeing others having the same issue with the replacements. Wyze needs to address this one.

1 Like

Last night, i refused to give up, got a 8Gb SD card from my Pi 3, loaded the .bin file and camera was able to see the firmware, light turned purple, after about 1 minute turned red and still red, no matter what i try, :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Called customer support, very nice call but seems like there’s no resolution for this. Camera going back to Amazon.

2 Likes

I had this same issue. I restarted the camera within the app. After rebooting the light turned blue, then I checked the live feed of the camera and light turned solid red again, which it should. Once I left the WYZE app, the camera switched to solid blue! It is still solid blue an hour later!

I have exactly the same problem. I have three v3 cameras, The first one I bought in May “died” in July. The solid red light, reset doesn’t work.
I replaced the camera on Amazon, the new one worked for two days, and it happened again. The red light, nothing is working. I found that it happened during a short power outage.
But two other v3 cameras are working fine (even after the power outage).
The only difference between those two that “died”, and two others is that I use 128 GB sd card in those that died. Other cameras have 32 GB cards installed.
Maybe it is a card size related. What size of the card do you use?

128gb. Hummmm.

So, in my opinion, the 128GB card is the problem.
They should look at this and solve the problem, Or if they do not support 128GB, the software should not accept it, instead of crashing the camera.

1 Like

its possible. All V2’s have same card and never had that issue. Hopefully they will figure out what issue is and fix it.

1 Like

I have 2 V3s with 128b SD cards in use. They both updated without issues.

My v3 with 128GB was updated without any issues as well. The problem occurred after a few months when I had a power outage.
You can unplug the charger for 2-3 sec. and plug it again. If you repeat it two times without any issues, it means that 128GB probably is not a problem.

Well then, it’s a power issue. If the power was lost while there was an active SD write, that’s to be expected.

possible in his case. but that wasn’t my case. power did not go out during update. i used the wall wart that came with camera. They finally in stock at Amazon, think will order another one, see what happens.

There are persons who had this happened as they tried setting up the replacements and they were asked to upgrade to the latest firmware. No SD cards in at the time.

In my case, I didn’t have a power outage during the update. It was just a power outage during regular work of the camera.

Reflashing didn’t work for me either.
Canadians are out of luck for warranty replacement. :frowning:

Rholyhr
Currently, our warranty or shipping is not supported outside of the 48 contiguous United States, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii.

If you have a US shipping address or know someone in the US who can forward the package on to you we can make an exception. I hope this information helps and if you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reply to this thread.

1 Like

You can add me to the list!

I have purchased 5 brand new Cam Wyze v3 mid spring 2021… One had to be replaced within 60 days after what I guess was a faulty update to 4.36.2.5. (Otherwise all cams got updated to the latest firmware). Absolutely NOTHING suggested by support and online could bring it back from what I call the “Red LED of Death”.

Now a few months later… We are in august 2021… 3 out of 5 cams (60%) are now showing the dreaded RLOD???

At this point I fully expect the last two to eventually screw up on me (which includes the spring replacement).

I can’t see 4 cams out 6 (2/3) going bad to be simple bad luck. With that kind of rate I can describe that product as being absolute garbage from a reliability perspective and right now I deeply regret spending every penny and time on them. Those 5 (+1 replacement) have been my first time buying anything from Wyze… With such experience I really see no reason to trust any other product from them.

To make matters worst? I am Canadian so I am looking forward to a write off a complete loss on taking a chance on Wyze. Lesson learned.

My suggestion? Stay away from Cams V3 until whatever is wrong with them is fixed. The time and money you will likely waste is not worth it. You have been warned.

1 Like

What’s up with these problem V3s? I have 12 of them and I don’t have a single firmware update problem?

Well, except for that RTSP issue :grin:

You are lucky I guess. What size of SD do you have in them?