Wyze Cam V3 Pro Live Feed not always working, updating

This most certainly has not been fixed in the latest iOS app. Just updated to 2.38.0 (27) and still having the 2K stream freeze. Toggling to SD works just fine.

Installed Cam v3 Pro today. Let it update firmware twice. Wyze app on iPhone shows 2.38,0 (27)
The v3 Pro won’t stream via iphone or via the web while in 2K. It acts like it doesn’t have enough WiFi bandwidth. It loads the livestream every few minutes, but it’s just a still frame. Power cycled, restarted app, no effect. All my other cam v3s work fine.
Tried v3 Pro on WiFi access point a few feet away as well as ATT Fiber’s WiFi that has the best speed I’ve ever had with same results.
Set it to SD and it will stream on the iPhone, but not on the web, it just shows spinning wait.
I watched it awhile in SD and it has to reload the livestream every few minutes also.

I’ll have to switch back to regular Cam v3 till I see if this works any better later on.
Probably just set this V3 Pro up as a test camera elsewhere & wait for improvements.

1 Like

As of today, 12/22, i am having Exactly the same problem as describe by many.
Live view does not work at 2K, works at lower resoloutions
Works in the evening hours but not during the day
Seems to detect and record motion but not sure at what resolution
V3 cameras work fine
Using latest ios version and camera version
Camera info shows 3bars network strength and router shows strong signal to that device. I have also set my router to priotitize that device with no effect
All other devices on my network are working fine including 4K tv’s
I’m wondering what interaction is needed in the cloud and Wyze servers for live viewing.
Is there a bandwith problem with the Wyze connection and Wyze servers?

Has The new ios updae mentioned to fix this been released?

I just tested today and so far 2k is working. I added my current version. See below. I will keep an eye on this for the next few days and update later.

1 Like