Wyze cam v3 low volume - is there a microphone fix?

It’s not a secret that the quality of cam v3 microphone is terrible. Wyze is aware of this, but couldn’t care less. I have multiple v2 cams and the mic is very good in all of them, but v3 cams pick up virtually no sound. I had to go back from v3 to v2 because of the very bad audio.
Does anyone know whether the audio issue in v3 is the bad mic, or bad amplifier circuit in the cam? If it’s just a mic, I can replace it. However, if it’s the amp, then the mic replacement won’t do any good.

1 Like

I wish I had read this before ordering the lamp-socket that comes bundled with the v3. I guess they are trying to get rid of this garbage via bundles. I am visiting with my aunt and installing this for her outdoors, for security, so I don’t have time to return this piece of junk and order a v2 before my departure from here. Extremely disappointing. We have to fight back with bad reviews. I also recently had bad experience with a lock that didn’t pair. The replacement unit worked, They apparently found that it is cheaper to deal with returns than to test their products before sending them out, but then we the users have to waste time with this garbage.