Microphone on Cam V3 extremely quiet

I recently got the new Wyze Cam V3 and it’s my first time using their cameras. I have one in my baby room and have noticed the microphone is extremely quiet. I can hardly hear him at all when viewing through the app. There’s also a sound machine in his room and you can barely hear that when it’s on. Just now I went in to test it and was playing with him and talking normal. Went in the app to review the playback and I couldn’t even make out what I was saying.

1 Like

I also have a Wyze Cam V3. Mine is mounted on a shed overlooking my driveway. I can not hear anyone in the driveway talking or closing doors. occasionally hear some wind noise. I have sever V2 cams also outside under eves of house and can hear everything on them, even though they are further from the driveway. I wish they could fix this as other than that I love the V3 cam.

1 Like

Sad that the microphone is that bad. My ring doorbell camera I can hear people talking out on the sidewalk which is like 40ft away. Support tried working with me and obviously thay lead to absolutely no solution

1 Like

Reviving this old topic. I just had someone come to the door of my house and ring the doorbell. I have 4 cameras downstairs, all about equal in distance from the doorbell chime. My two V2 cameras picked up the doorbell ring as if the chime were right in front of the camera - very loud and clear. My two V3 cameras picked up nothing at all - no sound whatsoever. I made a phone call to my home phone to test another sound. The phone is on the other side of the house from one of the V2 cameras (probably 25 feet away or more) and that V2 camera picked up the ring loud and clear. One of the V3 cameras is only about 6 feet away - and the sound it picked up was so faint, it was barely audible. None of the V3 cameras will pick up enough audio to trigger an alert, regardless of the audio sensitivity setting.

Either the hardware designer accidentally used the line input of the ADC instead of the mic input, or the firmware guy didn’t enable the mic pre-amp.

I have five V3 cameras - all with the latest firmware and all with unusable mic audio due to extremely low levels. I have five V2 cameras - all with the latest firmware and all with very loud mic audio.

The mic audio from V3 cameras is unusable and a terrible step backwards from V2 cameras.

Gwendolyn, can you please look into this? Wyze phone support is not useful when it comes to technical problems. All they seem to know how to do is send out replacement units - even for problems which clearly impact every unit and for which a replacement will definitely not fix the problem. The support folks have no technical or problem-solving skills whatsoever and seem to have no ability to contact anyone who is even remotely familiar with the software and/or hardware design of the products.

2 Likes