Wyze Cam v3, Cam Pan v2 & Plug Outdoor Beta Test 8/15/2022

Video is still horribly pixelated. So far, no event recordings that turn out to just be a photo with a question mark.

So… does anyone else have the issue where the camera will constantly “forget” wifi configurations if it powers off or restarts? I haven’t noticed a lot of people experiencing the same issue and it feels like it’s a “me thing” haha. Did I get some duds or something on the cameras? :melting_face: I’ve had so many occurrences now where upgrading to a BETA firmware causes the camera to go into a repeating state where it doesn’t hold onto the configuration. This never has happened with stable releases, only BETA ones so I wonder what is causing that trip-up.

Do you have to set it back up after this? Are your other settings fine?

1 Like

Sorry for the inconvenience. Due to the new security layer we added on 10.2424, when OTA upgrade failed, the device could possibly not be able to connect to the WIFI with LED flashing blue. In this case, factory resetting can recover the device. Here is the instruction for factory resetting: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031484511-How-to-factory-reset-your-Wyze-Cam-v1-v2-v3-or-Pan-v1-v2#:~:text=With%20the%20Wyze%20Cam%20plugged,hold%20it%20for%2020%20seconds.

When you reset the camera, please hold the setup button longer until you hear a ‘click’ sound and the LED should change from flashing red to solid red. Please also remember to remove the SD card before resetting the camera.

1 Like

@IEatBeans - Usually a properly applied OTA update does not require this and even if it did, I wouldn’t mind having to do the set up again. However, the issue is that even if I do a reset on a newly upgraded camera on a BETA firmware, it will not hold its configuration beyond the “active session” (as in, the moment I restart/power-off the camera, it does back to factory state and requires me to set it up all over again). This is problematic since I often set up my cameras “on the ground” before mounting it up, so the moment I disconnect the power, it forgets the wifi. Furthermore, if the power ever went out, I wouldn’t want my cameras to end up in a dead state until I could reach them to restore it. Given that, I cannot leave my camera on a firmware that isn’t working well with my cameras. It is unusual that some cameras seem to take updates well, while others do not.

@WyzeBaohua I have already attempted a factory reset using the LONG PRESS and NO SD CARD, however, even after setting it up again, the camera continued to “forget wifi”. For the two that failed to place nicely with 4.36.10.2424, I have reverted them back to last stable and they have resumed normal operations.

All 11 V3 cameras that are in WiFi range and don’t have RTSP firmware were updated at the same time from the Firmware Update page. At the end of the update, the Firmware Update page showed all 11 cameras as “Status Unknown”, but did show that the firmware was now 4.36.10.2424. Brought up each camera individually and they all worked and all did show 4.36.10.2424 firmware. Went back to the Firmware Update page and all 11 V3 cameras did show as Up to date with 4.36.10.2424.
Also updated three of my Wyze Plug Outdoors and they all worked. The one WPO that shows as “offline” of course did not update. Note that the “offline” WPO has shown as offline for several weeks although my WiFi shows it connected, my router shows that it is getting the proper IP address, and the router and my computer can ping the WPO just fine. I have not gotten around to power cycling it because it’s a bit of a pain in the neck to get to.

1 Like

As a followup to one of the comments posted earlier, only one of my V3 cameras is downstream of a remote power switch. I power cycled that V3 camera (and an original Pan), and both came back up just fine, so they did not lose WiFi setup.

1 Like

All 5 v3s updated with out issues. The video quality reminds prone to pixelation. The issues with sound events recording even when sound detection is off, seem to have been resolved with this update.

1 Like

My v3 floodlight cam updated and it doesn’t communicate at all. The floodlight cycles on/off every minute or two. I tried cycling power, but same behavior. The wifi access point is very close and the same as when it worked correctly with old version. Is there anything else I can try before I take out the SD card and put the old firmware on it so I can downgrade?
Update: My other V3 cameras update and work correctly, but these are NOT floodlight cameras.

Can you go into more details ?

What are you experiencing ?

I wonder if this firmware update includes the fix for the 256GB SD cards, and the Lamp Socket issues, and if this is the one that will allow us to finally start selecting individual AI notifications like the V2’s have, instead of just all or none.

I know all 3 of those were being worked on for a near firmware release, so if not in this one, hopefully soon.

1 Like

I’m hoping the 256 gb micro sd card fix comes soon

I’ve noticed this since I’ve been using wyze cameras , every so often the wyze camera settings will be erased, detection zones will be turned off , or settings will not save

This is so frustrating, feels like I have to constantly be checking every single thing on my cameras to make sure nothings out of place

Code 90 on the app, so it doesn’t seem to be communicating at all. The must interesting behavior is the floodlight turning on/off every minute or so. It’s very regular and consistent. If I cycle the power, the same behavior resumes.

Code 90 is for the camera , probably something with your wifi .

Question , when you get the code 90 , try backing out from the live feed of the camera , in the home tab , refresh the screen and open the live feed again . The codes come up and go

If the error code 90 does not go away then yes , restarting it may help , but this happens to my floodlight camera about 2-3 times a month . Best fix is to just turn off the switch that controls the floodlight off for a few seconds and then back on

The camera should connect immediately and fix the issue

As with the floodlight turning off and on all night long , what are the settings to your floodlight

Open the v3 that’s on the floodlight> accessories> floodlight take screenshot of the floodlight settings and send it please .

Cycling the power doesn’t help. It stays code 90 with light flashing slowly. The wifi access point is literally 6 ft away, plus it worked fine with the old software (current production release).

Question : is the v3 a stand alone v3 or is the v3 that came mounted to the floodlight that’s having the error code 90 issue ?

Came with the floodlight attached. It uses a special port on the camera.

Joe

Does your house have a light switch to the floodlight ?

Updated 1 V3 no issue, doesn’t have anything attached to the device. Will test with other V3 camera’s when I get a chance as I do have the spotlight and lamp sockets. Might just order a floodlight and test down the road too.

Got to get my outdoor plug set up again too and test.