Wyze Cam v2 - time lapse and continuous don't work

I bought my first Wyze Cam v2. I have a 32GB Samsung microSD card preformatted to FAT32. Once I put it in the camera I formatted it in settings because I couldn’t get auto recordings going. I was finally able to upgrade the firmware to version 4.9.6.156 yesterday. Today the new 193 version is out but it fails to install OTA.

I’ve followed everything the link below but I still can’t get it working. It just does nothing.

Time Lapse says its going and I can let the time come and go but nothing writes to the SD card.

I can use the card in my PC and read and write just fine. I can manually record on the camera and it saves to the card just fine. But anything auto doesn’t work. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Running 4.9.6.193, the Cam formats my 32 GB Samsung microSD, but I then get a report that the card has only 0.25 GB of memory on it. So there is no space on the microSD for continuous recordings.

I have a dozen cameras running older SW which work perfectly with the same brand/size microSD. I have changed microSDs and experience the same problem.

So I have installed that microSD in a factory fresh Cam and left it running 4.9.4.175. That cam has no problem formatting the microSD for its full 32GB.

So I infer that microSD formatting is broken in 4.9.6.193. Hopefully someone at Wyze is not so busy with all the new products that they can find time to fix this problem in a 4.9.6.194+ build.

Later…
I worked around this problem byu formatting the microSD in a Casm running 4.9.4.175 and then transfering the card to a Cam running 4.9.6.193.