Wyze Cam v2 now works with Alexa!

Still no Wyzecam skill from Amazon Canada unfortunately.

Finally, after more than a month waiting for the firmware update, one of my Fire Sticks updated to version 5.2.6.6 and I was able to show the video of one of my cameras. I can now use the voice remote that came with the Fire Stick and say “Show <Camera Name>” and after a 3-5 seconds see the video. This is the first time I’ve seen anyone report this capability working on a Fire Stick TV.

It doesn’t always work–I had to reset my Fire Stick after repeated failures, but it seems to work most of the time. Video seems good with no pixelation like my smart phone. Hopefully bugs will be ironed out and additional features will be added like playback but I can at least see the camera video on my HD TV.

I just received and set up my camera yesterday. Can’t say enough good things about. So feature packed at this price point. However with the Alexa integration I was hoping that the skill would allow me to use the motion feature of the camera for the Alexa routines. Like creating a routine that when the Wyze Cam detects motion a certain smart light switch or bulb will turn on. Currently only my Ring cameras can do this. Are there any plans in the future in adding this function? Thanks.

You can probably accomplish this with IFTTT using the Wyze motion detected “IF” trigger and your smart device as the “THEN” action.

You may also want to hop over and vote for this Roadmap topic:

(You must click VOTE button at the top for your vote to count.)

So I bought 2 of these cams and they set up ok…but I can’[t find the Alexa skill in the Aussie Alexa store? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Most people including myself are reporting that the Alexa skill no longer works. Was it a buggy update? I live in the US and have an Echo Show paired with my Wyze Cam v2. Is this a known issue and how soon can we expect it to be resolved? Thanks!

1 Like

I have an Echo Show V2 and the Wyze skill has been working just fine on that, and my Echo Spot and all 3 FireTV’s. I do have 2 non screen Echo’s a V3 Dot and the original V1 Plus but I have not tried to do anything with Wyze from them. What exactly are you trying to do that is not working?

My echo show v1 will bring up a Wyze loading screen when I issue the voice command but will timeout and say the camera is not responding.

I get that every now and again. It seems to have something to do with signal strength. I am in a condo so the the farthest anything is from the WiFi is about 25 feet. Yet when I look at signal strength for any given camera it varies significantly over the course of a day.

Not sure why the variability but it is what it is. I have had entire days where Wyze and Ring cameras could not connect with Alexa. Then other days where the connections were quick.

1 Like

Is there a projected date when the Wyze Sense products will be discoverable by Alexa too?

1 Like

Hi All,

Having issues with my Wyze Cam v2 on my Alexa device. I use this as a baby monitor, and with our Amazon cloud cam the image/sound stays on all night long. I have no problem getting my Wyze cam to appear on my Echo Show or Tablet, but it goes off after about 10 minutes. Is there anyway to keep it on there all night…or perhaps even more than 10 minutes? I do not have the same issues using the phone app…it stays on all night.

Josh

There is a 10 minute timeout on Alexa. Please see this support article.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022500411&?section=how-to-alexa

Wow. Is there a plan to change that on the roadmap? Is there a reason for that restriction?

My understanding is that the restriction was imposed by Amazon.

Somehow other cameras have gotten around the restriction. I’ll look on roadmap. Thanks

1 Like

It does work but the buffering time is alot it juat shows me an image and then starts buffering and another image and again buffering .so long story short i cant see the video stream

In the past there was always the 10 minute time out , Buffering was not happening at all, But the day before yesterday While using this function Buffering was Ridiculous

Hi
Will you be releasing the Alexa skill in the UK anytime soon?

I am aware there are a growing number of Wyze Cam users here

@stuart,

Please hop over to the link below and read through it. If you like, you can add your vote by clicking the VOTE button at the top and add any comments as a reply.