Wyze Cam V2 connection to new ATT router

Try to connect daughters wyze cam-V2 camera to her new ATT router , dual band…I recently hooked up to my Cox internet and it worked great. I then attempted to connect at her house after completely resetting camera…Will not connect, just hangs there trying to connect, have correct everything, except not sure if it is the dual band trying to connect to 5ghz instead of 2.4 GHz …
Anyone have any ideas, restarted camera, hit start on camera, reset the router…nothing…tried searching MAC address in router, does not show camera at all. Any suggestions or help appreciated.

1 Like

The cam can only see the 2.4GHz band since it’s radio is only single band. But, your phone sees both bands.

Make sure the security on the router is WPA2, the cam doesn’t like WPA3.

If it is dual band on one SSID, try disabling the 5GHz band in the router to force your phone onto the 2.4GHz. if it is a parallel network with one SSID for each band, make sure the phone is logged into the 2.4GHz SSID.

Disable your Cellular Data to be sure your phone is using the WiFi.

Make sure your GPS location is on.

3 Likes

TY…comments on web say to make 2.4 band with a totally separate PW on ATT router…enable guest mode? It is dual band.

1 Like

Dual Parallel (split) Network w\ a different SSID for each band.

You shouldn’t have to enable guest mode, that would create a third network. Just make sure your phone is logged into the 2.4GHz SSID. If it is using the 5GHz on a split network, setup will fail.

2 Likes

Although there is nothing wrong with setting up Guest as a separate 2.4 ghz network with its own name and password, and using that for IoT stuff like this. I’m fact my new ISP router has a separate segment explicitly called IoT.

All of slab’s suggestions are dead on. Good luck.

2 Likes

ty all

1 Like

Who is making that?

2 Likes

Did those ideas from our smart people work?

1 Like