Wyze Cam v2 and firmware 4.9.7.798 (July 21, 2021) not working

From the app version number it appears that you’re running an iOS device. Make sure you disable VPN if you’re using one. Also make sure Location and Local Network are enabled on your device for the Wyze app.

Are you using Wireless MAC Authentication on your Actiontec router?

Hi Seapup,

Just double checked what you suggested. I can confirm

• VPN disabled
  • Location and Local Network enabled.

Also, my router is not using Wireless Mac Authentication by default.

After checking all above, I just tried to add the cam to the app. No luck

Hi, your router is dual band so it does have 5Ghz on it,. so turn that off in the settings. Routers for like 10 yrs have been dual band 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz . For some reason people are getting confused with 5G… 5G are for cellphone and it’s not a frequency its just a generation

Hi Craigyboy007,

I can see here on my router (Admin page). Does it mean 5G support? Sorry I’m not the network expert :slight_smile:

Wireless Mode : Compatibility Mode(802.11b/g/n)

your router will say 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. You will need to disable 5Ghz while you setup the camera. 5G is nothing to do with routers or anything like that… 5G the G stands for generation which is for mobile/cell networks nothing to do with frequencies

No 5Ghz on my router. I also disabled the cellular data on my iphone while setting up. Still not able to add the camera.

jaya is running an old Actiontec MI424WR router. It is single-band 2.4 GHz only.

I’m going to have to agree with @dr.know’s assessment… sounds like your v2 has retired itself. :cry: You can try calling Wyze Customer Support for help, but they will probably run you through everything you already went through here. If you have time and patience, it’s worth a shot:

Wyze Customer Support: (206) 339-9646
Available Monday - Friday 4 am - 8 pm PT
Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

1 Like

Thank you everyone. I’ve contacted customer support and they identified the camera is a faulty product.

1 Like

Mine ended up being a space after network name apparently can’t have space before or after network name

1 Like