WYZE CAM OUTDOOR with wifi extender

Hi, my cams are on my main wifi but I have one cam I need to put on my wifi extender. Is there a way to do this? If so how?

Unfortunately, the WCO as we have named can only attach to the Wyze Base Stations proprietary WiFi.
Non of the WCO can be attached to either your main WiFi or your WiFi Extender.

So I can be sure to understand what you mean and need, I’d describe any WCO cameras like this.

my WCO-1 cam is attached to my WCObase-1 WiFi

my WCOBase-1 is then connected by cat-5 Ethernet into my MainRouter

I do have regular cams described like:
My ShopCamV2 is attached to my MainRouter WiFi

My ShopCamPan is attached to my ShopAP WiFi

Please describe what you have and what you’d like in similar terms.

1 Like

You just have to use a WiFi extender and an additional Wyze base station - the base station always needs a hard wired Ethernet connection. There are many threads discussing this.

3 Likes

@Customer is correct- your WOC Base has to have a wired connection to either your router or an extender.
The important thing is to pick a wifi extender that does have an auxiliary ethernet port for connecting the base to. Not all extenders provide this.

4 Likes

Thanks, I figured that’s what he meant, but I was too tired to make the assumption, so I asked for clarity.
On a similar note, I’ve actually had to retire my WCO until I determine what exaclty is causing the resultant issues.

I have a dedicated IoT router (netgear R8000 flashed with DD-WRT firmware sequestered on a VLAN ) in my houses main area. I have a middle of the road Zyxel C3000a (centurylink provided router) I have setup to handle all my wife’s and I’s devices on strictly 5Ghz channels. I do not have more than say 3 cel phones, a couple of RaspberryPi servers are normally running something and either pushing or pulling from a couple Linode servers that I use for some projects that I need to be have spin up on demand handle whatever loads I’m working with.

And I’ve been evaluating the Kubernetes cluster of RaspberryPi 4 8GB boards with a Google Coral Edge- TPU processing. I use the approach being developed by primarily SODAlite group based in the EU, but there are several clusters working on this.

I’m trying to replicate and verify the proposed learning models. In a far too broad stroke, using heavy EdgeTPU tuning of learning models to show accelerated deployment of fully dveloped models. Wyze and their team of new hires would be a small, but typical example.

Check out the projects main site here if you want to:
https://www.sodalite.eu/

I had an instance available at itazman.com

but I failed to notice I had burned through my allocated node time , and haven’t taken the time to redo some containers.

I would love to get my hands on say, 32 of the RaspberryPi 8gb, marry with 8 or so Coral TPU accelerators, but I’m effectively retired on a fixed income stream now, so I do what I can.
My current bench is using a 4 to 1 ratio, and I’m modeling the effects of the forest fires on the valley in which I live, establishing the impacts etc…my goal is to see how quickly I can train a new instance on a fresh copse of trees, based on a recursive force feed input with each interation.
The goal, ultimately, is the end of food shortages and rapid adapation providing yields were unheard of before.

Blah blah, gotta run.

Anyways, in have an appointment that I just realized I’m going to be late for,

OK thank you. I couldn’t find a thread. I moved it to a less desirable position to avoid purchasing another base station.

1 Like

Search on WiFi bridge or extender. Here is one:
GL.iNet GL-AR150 mini Repeater Bridge
$25.49 Aazon (Doesn’t come with power supply)

1 Like

There was also talk in the AMA video about allowing the base station to connect to the router over wifi instead of ethernet.

2 Likes

That would be a good thing