Wyze Cam Outdoor - Not recording motion - Troubleshoot with WYZE

Are you intending on capture the car in the cul de sac, or on the drive way ?

Your placement seems to be more focused on the drive way.

PIR sensors has distance limits. From the image, cul de sac may be on the edge of the upper limit of the distance, which is why sometimes the car don’t trigger until pass the middle of the view.

Actually from the Left side where you see the bricks and to the end of the driveway is what I am shooting for. But I have other videos where it catches the person when they are at the front of the car and not at the begging of the drive way or even the back of the car . My motion zone should be the whole area in front of the camera, At least by the green box. Example below.

1 Like

I see, is this consistent or sometimes ? a few things to check-

1. Is there any video before this that may have left with a cool down period
  2. Did you dial both PIR and Image to MAX
  3. Potential tilt up the camera by ~5-10 degrees.
  4. People move across the camera is more sensitive to PIR than moving toward. This is the nature of PIR in general. Not sure this is practical for you for change the location slightly so that it is not directly facing the drive way.

See above

thank you

Dongsheng, why doesn’t the company release and post a drawing dictating distance and spread pattern of the PIR… That, in itself, would eliminate many questions we customers have

1 Like

I have the same issue and is about to give up on this.

One thing you might want to check is my camera hangs upside down and the video is flipped 180 Degrees in the app. Maybe the detection zone should flip as well.

The stand can magnetically connect to the top and the bottom of the camera. Flip Your camera and stick the top to the stand.

Why not remove the ‘cool down’ period. It’s not needed by the camera which is evidenced by many other mfgrs of like cameras

3 Likes

thank you for bringing up the detail, That would be the first thing to try - flip the camera so that it is upside up ( attach the magent to the top of the camera )

The PIR sensor is not adjustable, if you flip the camera upside down the PIR flips also

it still never worked. it is not detecting any motions. No notifications. blue light never blinks or solid. Trying live stream, it seldom connects.

Sorry to hear that - just to clarify the issues so I know what is the best step -

1. You can’t live stream reliably ? Have you tried when camera is closer to the base station ?
  2. Were you able to update both firmware on camera and base station to the latest ?
  3. Per the video instruction, are setting all correct ?
  4. When outside of cool down, wave your hand in front of the cam ? the back LED DOES NOT light up at all ?

Wait what? the camera has magnets in top and bottom.

1 Like

the magnet is in the mount, there is metal on bottom and top for attaching to magent

1 Like

Got it, if this works , I am going to kick myself in the ass.

1 Like
  1. not reliable - camera is 10 ft away indoor
  2. checked and it said "everything’s good, you’re up to date (cam: v4.17.0.146, base: v.16.0.158)
  3. video instruction all correct as followed
  4. in outside cool down: waved, LED did not blink at all. after 3 min it turned solid yellow by itself then
    solid blue (no blinking) no recording, no notification. During test, camera set up facing blank wall
    just to capture waved hand only. Cam has 32 GB micro SD.

no response from support to any of my emails

Regards,
Danny Moeller
[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. If you would like to continue troubleshoot, I would need a MicroSD card in the camera, to repeat above steps, so that we can capture more detailed log.
If not, pls contact support for a replacement. It seems something is wrong,
3rd alternative, is to press and hold the SYNC button on the camera for more than 10 seconds. It will reset the MCU, see if that helps.