Outside cams are not notifying me or recording motion now

I noticed both of my outside cams have not detected motion since yesterday at 4pm, when I went through everything I noticed all my notifications for both cams were off, I also noticed my address was changed on the app, I did not change the address. I have not made any of these changes and I can not get the cams to pick up motion now after I turned everything back on. How did this get changed and how do I get them working again?! Can other people make these changes without me sharing my devises and/or my WIFI?! I only have me on my account so no one else should be able to make changes! I like my inside cam but seem to have issues with the outside ones! I also wish the outside ones had playback like they did before. I have signed out and re-signed in, that did not work. I just don’t get how they just stopped picking up motion and stopped notifying me. The two outside ones have cam plus.

1 Like

Just so everyone knows all devices are up to date with the current firmware. I just created a rule and it is still not picking up motion. My batteries one is at 72% the other is at 65%, which is odd because they were both charged at the same time and did not have them set for any rules, just to record when motion when detected. I also noticed my detect setting were off, I didn’t turn them off! So how are these changes happening?

1 Like

This is a “thing” that happens, it works then it stops… I wish it was “fixed”…

2 Likes

The WYZE Cam Outdoor never had playback. What app are you using? My iOS app updated yesterday without any issue and didn’t change any settings…

1 Like

I didn’t know there was an update until after I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Had to reconnect the base to my home WIFI. This is what is happening now…
If I go through the base to the cams detection zone, I can not save the new zone, it tells me “network time out.”
But… If I go to each cams detection zone I can get the new zone to save.
I still can not get both outside cams to pick up detection. I even set up an event for one hour, 1 minute max, still not detecting anything!

I still have no idea how my info got changed.

The outdoor cams are in limbo at the moment because firmware is unstable. What do you mean “I even set up an event for one hour, 1 minute max, still not detecting anything!” How do you set the timing for an event? Events are random.

But I’d bet your issues are due to recent bad firmware.

1 Like

I don’t understand half of what you are doing? What do you mean by your address on the app was changed? Why are you setting rules for the WCO ? It will sleep until it sees motion. What version of firmware does does the base have 4.16.2.16 ? Cam firmware 4.17.1.185? Do the cams work in live view? Is the base connected via Wi-Fi or ethernet? What is setting up an event? Are you trying to do scheduled event or continuous recording. Do you have SD cards in the base and or the cams?
Take cam plus off of one cam and see if you can detect motion and get a notification. You can put cam plus back on the cam after your test.

1 Like

For me the issue is simple - Motion Notifications work one day, then they stop working, they they “magically” start working again…

3 Likes

I believe it is more than just Notifications. The OP said he gets no detections. You can’t get notifications without detection. Does the signal to the cams look like this? and is it a steady connection?

What the heck is going on with your all the products. This is absolutely insane constantly needing restarted now they are not sharing when a product is being shared such as a camera then everything shuts down it doesn’t connect what is going on with all of this stuff camera’s not operating the sensors not operating for night and day. Motion not detected. Blk screen when sound detected. Etc what a piece of junk I’ve invested into this stuff. Camera’s not working properly for even 6 months or a year. I am sorry I invested into any of your products. You keep adding stuff adding stuff and don’t fix the original cameras and problems. All the fixes have been downloaded all the instructions have been followed I had these from the very beginning and I can’t tell you how many I’ve had to replace already the original $20 camera was the best all the others are crap. You can’t contact your office or your people for responsible help.

3 Likes

John, open one of the cams and you will see more tab, a screen will come up and schedule a recording, that is what I meant, I scheduled a recording and still can not get them to detect motion. Sound wasn’t even detecting before the motion stopped.

Yes, I have full bars on both of the outside cams. I do not have my inside cam on pro but I never seem to have any issues with it, still getting notifications from that one of motion and sound. I turned both outside cams off last night and they stayed off most of the day, when I went to try what WYZE said, I could not get the cams to connect at all. Took me awhile but I got both to connect again, but still not getting notified of motion or sound. When I wave my hand a crossed them, the light in back does light up, but no recording (event) or notification!

That is odd… I have set up scheduled recordings a few times trying to get the cams to record events and to get notifications. When you go into the album I have recordings from those schedules recordings I set… So they are recording during the scheduled events but I am not getting notified of anything, they are picking up some kind of detection. I don’t get these cams!

On the app, go to account, then to the home tab, your address should be there. On mine it was changed and I do not know how my address got changed, that is when I noticed all my notifications for the outside cams were off but I was still getting notifications from my inside cam. I normally check events at least once a day. I got home and saw some mail on a box I have outside, so I went looking to see who put it there, that is when I noticed the address changed and notifications were off.

I normally do not set any rules, I was just trying to get them to detect motion and sound so I set rules to see if they would work that way but they did not notify me or record any events but when you go into the album there are recorded events saved from those rules I tried. I don’t understand that but they are there. Both cams were working just fine until sometime after 4pm on Sept 16. That is the last notification I got from the outside cams.

I didn’t realize they were going to be so much trouble, other wise I wouldn’t have bought them! I have already had to replace the base. I never have problems with the inside cam, maybe going to hard wire for outside would be better?! I also like the fact I can replay what happened!
A few months ago some stuff happened outside and the cams did not detect and record any of it, that is the reason why we buy these things, to catch the crap that happens! I was so mad!

1 Like

Base is 4.16.2.24 on Ethernet, yes it has SD card
Cams are pro 4.171.247, both have SD card.
Yes they both work on live.
I explained the rest in the other message. It will not let me take the cam pro off, I know it did before this last update, but now it will not let me.

My outdoor cams stopped recording also days ago .

2 Likes

So you updated the firmware a few days ago. That firmware that you have on your base and cams has been removed from the firmware list because it caused numerous problems which WYE is trying to find a fix for. I suggest you put the previous firmware on your base and cams. the August 9, 2021 version. Directions here: Make sure to follow the directions. Base 4.16.2.16 and cams 4.17.1.185

1 Like

I went through the “process” with Customer support a while ago (lets say 2-3 months) and they had me flashing firmware, etc. Then a few days after I had “paused” (OK I gave up for a while) it started working again. My take is that there is a server / firmware issue and that Wyze don’t want to say “yeah, we broke something” they just want to quietly fix it… So my answer is a quiet “Hey guys, it looks like it stopped working again, can you ping the support team”.

1 Like

They did say there were issues with the 9/8/21 updates. Rated “R” because some base stations were harmed in the making.

1 Like