Wyze Cam Outdoor Firmware Beta Test 3/16/2022

Still no. Not even in a group, stops at 3/3…

OUT of a group was the fix before.

Ok, so I played with the settings, tried rebooting them and now they connect when NOT in a group. And I can duplicate it. Put them in a group, won’t connect. Take them out and they connect.

I don’t know that it’s related, but when I was playing with the settings, looking at notifications, it said I wouldn’t receive any notifications until I also activated event recording, which I checked and was on. I went back to notifications and hit the link there to event recording, supposedly to turn it on, and it then realized event recording was indeed turned on and let me go on into those settings.

Conclusion: software bug… 2.29.0 (a25)

1 Like

Yes, it is a bug. Ungrouping is the solution for now. :slight_smile:

What’s weird is that at our lake house, my WCO is in a group and it works fine. In that group there are only two cams tho. Mine and one shared by a neighbor. But the one there is in a group. It does have a solar panel tho so it is always fully charged, if that makes a diff.

I don’t know the stimulus. One of my 2 worked in a group too. I only ungrouped the one that didn’t work. When I updated it to 4.17.4.124, it worked again in a group. Apparently that didn’t work for you.

The good news is that I heard from support. 2.29.1 is coming. They’ve not yet confirmed it addresses this issue, but we can certainly hope it does. If/when I hear more I’ll be sure to share.

And 2,29.1 has been released. But it didn’t fix the problem…

:disappointed:

Didn’t compare the 2 versions directly, but I am still having the issue when connecting to the camera remotely. If it’s just through lan it’s instant, but on data or another network it gets stuck on 3/3 for about 10 seconds, but sometimes I give up well into 30 seconds. It’s very inconsistent, but my v3s do not do this when connecting remotely, and are usually 1-3 seconds.

Additionally, not sure if this is directly related but I’m experiencing very simmilar behavior as the others who mentioned grouping. Cams work as intended locally, but when putting 2 cams into a group one of them works fine but the other infinitely loads on 3/3. Removing them fixes this.

When first adding them, the second one (one that actually loads) shows the feed of the other one, and removing them from the group shows they both have the same thumbnail as the other one. Clearing cache and or force closing app fixes these visual bugs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.