Wyze Cam Outdoor - Base Station should be sold separately

My base station for my Wyze cam outdoor cameras has failed and is out of warranty - so I was told there is nothing Wyze can do for me. Unfortunately there is no way to purchase just the base station without an additional outdoor camera - I believe Wyze should make the base station available for sale by itself as a replacement! I don’t need another outdoor camera and now my outdoor cameras cannot be used!

[Mod Edit]: Title and request text modified to enhance search clarity.

2 Likes

I have the reverse situation - I want to buy another outdoor cam but I can only buy one with another base station? When the base station can handle multiple cams? This one should be easy to solve.

3 Likes

amazon has cam only but just a bit cheaper than the kit.

Yes, Wyze also sells the outdoor camera alone, but not the base unit. My base unit has failed and will no longer connect to my router - I don’t need another outdoor camera, but that is the only way I can get another base unit. Unfortunately I had to turn to eBay to buy one used. Wyze should allow us to buy just the base unit by. itself

5 Likes

I have the same problem, I want another camera as I have room on the base station for three more. Wrote WYZE asking about this and some genius said, ‘We have what you want, a camera and a base station’. Too bad the responder didn’t read my questions which was, ‘Can I buy a wireless camera for my base station like the one that came with the set?’

2 Likes

I totally agree - the base and cameras should be sold separately. I believe the camera was sold separately at one time as I bought an extra outdoor camera last year, but don’t see that option anymore. Also, an update on my base unit, I kept playing with it and finally got it to take the firmware update and it is now working again. The flashing blue light and refusal to connect to my router was apparently an issue with the previous firmware.

2 Likes

I agree with everything said. It is senseless not to sell the base stations. Wyze srill get paid for them. Without being too unkind to WYZE there can only be one reason for the policy.

3 Likes

Unable to purchase a second base station for second address

I find it hard to believe that I cannot buy a second base station for a second residence. I have 3 cameras and would like to locate one of them at the second residence.

1 Like

I also need a separate base station. My cameras have trouble connecting to the opposite ends of house. I need to have a base station near each camera.

2 Likes

I got the same problem, beach house got robbed the guy disconnected wifi 1st, stole the base station with the sd card so I lost the footage on sd and the cloud, now I have a useless wyze outdoor camera because wyze never tough we could need to buy the base station separately, I guess this cameras are good to remotely check your babies and pets though

Selling Outdoor Cam Base Station or Outdoor Cam Wall Mount as accessories

The outdoor camera base station and outdoor camera wall mount should be sold as accessories in case users want to purchase them for extending their camera operation area to larger houses or multiple wall mounts just in case they lose or break the wall mount.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for “Sell Outdoor Cam Base Only”. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

Selling the outdoor cam Base Station separately without a camera

I really need to only purchase the outdoor camera base station. Please sell this separately!!

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

OR…. turn the little toy of a base station into a real router that doesn’t require us to buy multiple base stations!!

2 Likes

I’m currently getting the runaround from CS as my basestation died outside of warranty and apparently ‘we don’t have basestations that we could sell to you’, even though I see multiple cases where a one is sent out if the system is still in warranty. Guess I’m left with a paperweight ‘camera’ now

1 Like

Purchasing a base unit

I have 4 outdoor cameras (received as a gift) and would like to purchase a 2nd base unit without having to buy an additional camera which I have no need of. When will I be able to?

3 Likes

Good point. Despite numerous complaints about this WYZE simply ignore the issue.

2 Likes

Wyze ignores a lot of issues. This plus having to upgrade to Home Monitoring to replace failing motion sensors, etc.

Honestly I am at the point where I am ready to dump the Wyze ecosystem.

Not to mention the range of the base station is atrocious. My wi-fi reaches wherever I have outdoor cams easily. Does the base station? Not really.

So, I figure I’ll buy a base station for each of my outdoor cams. Can I do that?
Not really either.

Seriously!?

1 Like

You are absolutely correct. However Wyve will simply ignore the issue.

With compliments

*Tony
[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

While this won’t solve our issue, I believe the cam 3 works without a base. Very unfortunate not to be able to use all 4 cameras I have as I don’t need that many.

I have a Cam 3 and I had to attach it to a base station.