Wyze Cam Floodlight + Wyze Smart Switch

A follow-up in Nov 2022. This still does not work correctly.

If I create a rule shortcut to turn the floodlights on and one to turn them off the rules work.

If I create rules to turn them on/off based on the Wyze switch power on/off the rules DO NOT work.

When I look at the rules history, it shows that the single press action is taken when the switch turns on but the rule that turns on the floods is not performed.

Why have a rule option for “Switch turns on” that is never activated? That’s the whole point of having a smart switch attached to the flood cams.

Any comment Wyze?

If you wire the the flood light straight through, allowing the floodlight to always have power, and pig tailing the power and neutral to power the switch, a single press on would work if you set up rules but you would have to do a double press to turn the flood light off

It seams so silly that Wyze would design this in this manner. Why is there not Always power to the camera (separate wire) then allowing a switch to control the light. Right now, the switch turns off the camera. So yes, if you can get the wyze switch to program and make it work, but seams silly that an existing switched light now will power off the camera too.

Is there another thread on this? Is there a way to ‘rewire’ the light to have another wire so the switch won’t turn the camera off?

Only way to use the switch with the flood it to wire it straight through so it constantly has power and then uses the double tap, and the hold to turn it off to control the light without it ever turning off