Wyze Bulb Color getting server unresponsive message in Alexa

Can confirm this just worked for me! I’ve done this before, but it seemed to work today.

Been dealing with this for about 2 weeks since my purchase. After seeing your post, I disabled and re-enabled the Wyze Alexa skill in the Alexa app. My bulb is now responding to Alexa.

So a quick update and maybe a thought or two. I switched up my existing combo cable modem/router to a new set up with an independent cable modem and tp-link mesh router setup. Once I got that up and running and reconnected a few things, I was able to get all of the Wyze bulbs that we not working before on Alexa working, which got me thinking.
Maybe after the bulbs received their latest firmware updates their wi-fi signal wasn’t as good? For me the bulbs that stopped working were the ones farthest away from my original router. I know that may sound weird since they would still function in the Wyze app, just not in Alexa, so that’s probably not the cause. So my other thought is since I set up an entirely new network (i did reuse the same SSID) that the clean start and new connections that were established got it all working. That’s an expensive and time consuming fix for sure that should be a last resort but I was planning on doing this anyway and it was nice that it “fixed” the issue. I guess if you have the time and know-how, and already have a strong setup, you may want/need to perform a hard reset on you router and have everything rediscovered/reconnected to get it working again.
Happy Troubleshooting!

Well now they seem to be working for me without repeating any of the previous troubleshooting I went through when I first posted this.

Perhaps Wyze figured out the server issue on their end?

1 Like

Same here. I tried Alexa lights on/off commands and they suddenly worked, with me not having touched the bulb configuration for over a week, waiting for updates on this forum.

I suspect this is similar to what happened to Wyze plugs back in December with a large AWS (Amazon Web Services) outage. This affected much more than Wyze, and service was restored intermittently through the cloud. I suspect this was the same–something on Amazon’s end and it took awhile for “the fix” to be applied to various AWS servers to which we connect.