Wyze app contains adware?

Wyze is great. I’m a big fan, and that’s why I want to help people in this thread ask the right questions.

No one from what I read here is saying ads are being shown in the Wyze app.

Firebase, just like other crash and app analytics SDKs such as Kochava/Tune/Flurry, collect certain information from the device and usage of the app. This can be used to either report on installs, uninstalls, usage, etc. and that information could then also be used for ads within OR outside of the app.

So while ads aren’t shown in the app, all apps collect data. Many through services like Firebase. Many of these companies use the collected data for advertising and monetization. Don’t fault them. Companies must make money, otherwise they don’t have a business.

Need to ask specific questions:

1. Does Wyze have the setting turned on in your Firebase project to share the analytics data with other Google services? Does this allow companies other than Wyze to analyze or utilize data collected from the Wyze app for any purpose?
  2. Does Wyze link Firebase to an AdMob account? If so, how is this data used? Are third party companies allowed to use this data for tracking, advertising, marketing, or any other purpose on behalf of Wyze or any other company?
  3. Is Wyze compensated through direct payment or any other method for data that has been collected from the Wyze app?

Again, I’m a big fan of what you’re doing and will keep buying and using your products!

1 Like