Wyze app 2.43 - Released 7/6/2023

As of 7-8-23 , app 2.43 is not available in Google Play store

1 Like

I found it and installed it in Google Play on the same day it was announced. That is weird it isn’t showing up for you yet. Did it possibly automatically update for you already? I wonder how many other people aren’t seeing it yet.

3 Likes

New issue since I updated the iOS app. If I select events for 7 July, 8 July stays highlighted. The events for 7 July will play but if I tap the playback button for the event the cam will go to playback to the current time for 8 July :astonished: App Log #1104998 submitted.

3 Likes

I notice that if I select a sound event, I don’t have the option to activate sound and hear the event, I have to download the video to hear the sound

I was on the Beta. It never showed in my update list either. I had to go to my installed apps in GP and open Wyze to see there was an “update” button to get the production app.

This is what happens. Open cloud event from yesterday 7 July 23,at 20:34 tap play, video starts to play, tap the playback SD icon on the app, App shows playback for current time on 8 July 23. :astonished: :astonished: :rofl:

1 Like

I just tried going back to a cloud event video 14 days ago. Playback still jumps to near the end of the timeline of the current day.

I usually wait a week or so before I update to anything new but I was feeling brave the other day. Lesson learned (again). :grin:
I have Auto updates turned off on my devices but I do get notified when new app versions are available for all apps on my iOS devices.

2 Likes

Yes, noticed that same issue today.
iOS 16.5 (20F66)

I am experiencing that too (Android) when going directly to the SD Playback from Live Stream, but only on my PanV3 and V3Pro. V3, OG, and FLP all land at the SD Playback from a few moments ago.

When jumping from an Event Video, they all land at the time the event was recorded except for the FLP. That shows that it is at the right date and time on the timeline, but the video is Live Stream.

I’m having an issue with the latest Wyze app update, 2.43.0 (12). When playing back event recordings and tapping the fast forward button it ends up moving the scrubbing dot to the beginning of the video. I’m not accidentally pressing the scrubbing dot at all. It’s very difficult now to find the sweet spot to get the fast forward button to work. But, it needs to be bigger and lower away from the scrub line.

Hasn’t it always been like this. The current day is highlighted so you know it’s the current day. Any day you select before that is highlighted in grey.

As of 7:38 am 9 July still can’t get the Android app update.

Yes, I am experiencing this exact behavior on 2.43.0 (12) on iOS. At first I thought I had a smudge on my finger. :slight_smile: It seems that the bounding box for the fast forward button has gotten too close to the scrubbing dot or something like that. Very annoying.

-Isaac

1 Like

How does Wyze not catch issues like this before releasing the update? You’d think they would have seen it right away. I’m baffled!

1 Like

Got a ticket for log #1104998 I submitted for the playback issue. Ticket #3159909 and I will not be exchanging 20 more email messages with support. I figure about 2-3 weeks and it will get fixed.
The issue does not happen on my V3 Pro, just all three V3 cams.

1 Like

The reason the ‘8’ is highlighted in your example is because that is to show what the current day is. The fact that when you click on the playback from the event from a prior day and it jumps you to the current day is an issue we are working on.

2 Likes

Wyze, fix the friggin FF button! I had around 50 motion detection recordings today and trying to fast forward through the video was such a pain. And I didn’t want to just blindly delete them because the AI tagging is so messed up that I’d miss something I wanted to record. So Wyze for the love of Christ fix your stuff and stop releasing new products. Focus on what you already have and customer support, both really suck! Can you tell I’m frustrated?!

I haven’t checked again until today but still does not show up in Google Play , on 2 different Android phones, the version I have is 2.42.5

1 Like

Went there did that no update button

1 Like