Wyze app 2.39 , Cam v2 & Cam Pan Firmware Beta Test 1/19/2023

2.39 Beta:

Versions:

• Android: 2.39.0.b170
  • iOS: 2.39.0(6)

What’s New:

• Added support for an Emergency Button on the Live view that Cam Protect subscribers can use
  • Updated the Rules description for inverse actions
  • Fixed a crash issue that occurred after Wyze Scale S & X setup (Android)
  • Fixed a bug that frequently caused Error Code -1 when viewing camera groups (iOS)
  • Bug fixes

Cam v2 Beta:

Version: 4.9.9.1851

What’s New:

• Improved the Event Video upload success rate
  • Fixed a bug that affected camera connection recovery after a cloud outage

Cam Pan Beta:

Version: 4.10.9.1851

What’s New:

• Improved the Event Video upload success rate
  • Fixed a bug that affected camera connection recovery after a cloud outage
5 Likes

Installed on iOS, will test and provide feedback

Waiting for it to be available on Android.

EDIT

Android app downloaded and installed. Got it this morning, but I am sure it was available earlier.

5 Likes

4x v2’s all successful on first time around through batch update, however, I did them 2 at a time. Haven’t seen anything that particularly stands out, good or bad at this time.

4 Likes

Cam Pan Beta Version: 4.10.9.1851

Update installed without issue. Monitoring.

Update did not address SD Record resumption after power cycle when off.

2 Likes

Installed the 2.39 beta, everything working as expected. Is it possible to get the stuttering device list scrolling looked into? Still experiencing this quite significantly.

1 Like

We are still working on that.

1 Like

Installed 2.39 beta on iOS. So far so good. Looks like they listened to some of the interface issues. They got rid of the white border around cams in group view as well removed the name of the group from the top. Now the view is a bit better, still need to scroll down to view bottom row. When doing that the top row gets cut off. Bit annoying but not a big issue. It kind off defeats the four up view.

Question: What is the red dot in the Account icon at the bottom? Also, why is the Paper Airplane icon for submitting logs persistent on all the screens? Is it for the beta purpose only? If not, it is annoying.

My two US cents as we don not have cents in Canada :rofl:

2 Likes

Sometimes when you install the App Update / Beta’s, you will need to go through and acknowledge a few things.

The dot just means there is something which you need to know about or act on.

In the service area it will be one of the following:

When you open the Account menu, if you don’t see any sub-menus with a red dot, then do the items below. if you do, the open that menu and cycle through the items.

If you have HMS you may see it there as well

In all cases, you do not need to change anything just enter the menu and poke around.

• Top right, click on the icon that looks like a talk bubble. Then simply scroll through the items

• Go through the Account Menu

• Go through the Home Menu

• Go to your services tab and go through each menu

2 Likes

When I first noticed it, I thought the same as it looked to me similar to when I get a text message on my phone or an email. I went through the account section and nothing indicated as it needed my attention. Came out of it, took a screen shot and posted here. Forgot about it as I got pulled in two different directions with non Wyze stuff. I went back now, and it’s gone. Mystery solved :wink:

Thanks

2 Likes

Yea, that happened the other day to me. It was there and disappeared when I went into the service menu.

Glad it worked out for you.

2 Likes

Only time will tell :wink:

2 Likes

I am new to all this Beta mumbo-jumbo :rofl:

I did report some bugs via TestFlight. Do I need to report them here as well?
I already asked this one, but looks like it got missed. Also, why is the Paper Airplane icon for submitting logs persistent on all the screens? Is it for the beta purpose only? If not, it is annoying.

Thanks

1 Like

Yea, report them in the thread which announced the items you are beta testing. Always good to provide a log, the Device or app you are experiencing the issue with, and include the App Version, the Device Firmware and Plugin versions.

Give enouigh details as to the issue and if you can reproduce the steps to reproduce

3 Likes

Youc an turn this off. you can go to Account > App settings and turn off the last item submit log

3 Likes

Can you see the android update yet?

2 Likes

Yes, It was available this morning. Updating my original post

3 Likes

:+1:

I updated 4 V2 cams and 3 no longer connect…Android-based app user, great 2.4G connection. and have tried all the usual: power cycle, reboot, delete and re-add, force stop, sign out then back in.

1 Like

@WyzeAndy @WyzeDesmond @WyzeJasonJ

This has been going on for a short period of time, but wanted to report it here to see if we can get some eyes on it. I do know that this is not happening to all, but it is something which is reproducible on my setup.

Affected devices: Pixel 6 and Pixel 7Pro
Android Version: 13
Security Patched to 1/5/2023

Android App Version: 2.39.0,b170

Doorbell Pro FW: 1.0.68
Doorbell Pro Plugin: 2.39.06

Doorbell v1 FW: 4.25.1.314
Doorbell v1 plugin: 2.38.02

Log from Doorbell v1: 900959
Log from Doorbell Pro: 900960
App Log (Selected Other in Services): 900961

Issue

I have been using the VoIP form of notification for the Video Doorbells and it has been working flawlesslt, We don’t get many visitors who ring the doorbell, so cannot say when this has started to happen. But now when the doorbell is pressed I get no VoIP calls on my Pixel 6 or Pixel 7 Pro (Vanilla Android OS 13). I do get VoIP calls on my Samsung Z-Flip and my iOS devices.

I have been trying to trouble shoot this within the settings and have even installed the app again to no Avail.

I turned off VoIP and the normal notification process does kick in and notify me of the doorbell being pressed, here is an image of that:

NOTE: Alexa also announces when the doorbell is pressed.

Not sure what else to try. Again this is only happening on my Vanilla Android Devices running Android 13. Worked well in the past, but at sometime, just stopped.

3 Likes