Wyze app 2.38 hotfix - Released 1/5/2023

What does “Post about it in the communities” mean ? There are a lot of very unhappy people. Please make it as obvious as possible everywhere when there is a fix.

1 Like

Please go back to how it was without bright white borders!!!

6:04am 1/9/23 - all 6 cams are showing -1 - this is just one.

2 Likes

Yes

I now have one or the other of my WYZE Color bulbs now going offline randomly…then they’ll reconnect :confused:. Anyone else seeing this behavior with group bulbs? It seems related. I’m on IOS 16.2.
…Update…01/10/23…It appears this issue was caused by an intermittent WiFi extender I had. :rage: Replaced and all is well now and back to no issues with color bulbs. :grinning:

I hope things get fixed for you very quickly but I do want to point out one thing about the app update on my Android phone for almost 2 years now every time I would open the app it would take forever for the cameras to load up sometimes they would never load up I would have to force close the app all the time now I have not had to close the app one time. … My camera is load up in the blink of an eye I’m not joking it is the best thing in the world I hope it stays that way… and I have the slowest internet at home I’m going to try and upload a picture of my internet speed at home so you can see I’m not sure how to do it but I’m going to try.

This post is for iOS users who are facing Error (code-1) connection issues. Android users are forbbiden to post here. :rofl:

I’m glad it works for you.

Lol :joy::joy:… I will say a prayer every night that iOS gets it fixed because when it is fixed you will be so happy.

1 Like

Portrait mode in my opinion is useless for viewing multiple cameras, especially on iPad. The whole idea, at least one, for grouping cameras was to be able to view them as group. We used to be able to view four at a time. Not so much with the new update.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for. The new update will fix iOS but brake something in Android. Then will have to switch seats :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I have a crazy idea. Why don’t Wyze take the latest stable app, rename it “Hot Fix” and upload it on the App Store. That way we’ll be happy and Wyze avoids public outcry and riots while working on the new iteration of the app :thinking:

1 Like

Laughing emoji or not, this thread is for all users who updated to the newest Hotfix… iOS or Android.

It is unfortunate that either OS is experiencing problems, however there aren’t seperate OS threads for users to post feedback. If a post doesn’t apply to you or your OS, just move on.

2 Likes

Everything’s going to be okay :pizza:

YES- YES- YES I Agree

Agreed…

That goes without saying.

This observation is for the Android version of the app…

I have 16 cameras in a group. Only 10 of them will successfully load when initially opening the group; the remaining 6 stay at “Loading Live Stream…” indefinitely. However, I can go to Live view of any one of the 6 “stalled” cams and the cam works fine. Upon leaving Live view (back to group view), that cam is now working as part of the group. If I do this for each of the 6 stalled cams, all 16 are displayed properly in the group view. However, if I exit the app I have to repeat this process the next time the app is opened.

It’s almost as if the dev hard-coded a limit of 10 cameras when the group is initially opened.

I totally with this post……tlhutch4

I stopped updating my cameras a few months ago. Too many bricked cans and mysterious results. My cameras were all affected by the error “-1” nonetheless. (Unless they updated my cameras in the background without even bothering to tell me?) All I know is they worked fine on Saturday night. I want to bed and woke up to find them all off line with this strange new error. Here’s a question. How do they expect people to pay for home security monitoring if the cameras all go offline randomly… come back online, and then go offline again repeatedly?

1 Like

I think (I’m not an expert) the issue is more on server side. The app only exacerbates the issue.