Wyze App 2.22+ Released - 7/28/21

Wyze app versions 2.22.31 for Android and 2.22.32 for iOS are releasing today with security updates and bug fixes! They also raise the minimum operating system (OS) compatibility from Android 5.0 to 7.0+ and iOS 9.0 to 12.0+.

Note: The minimum OS change will not affect apps already downloaded onto your device. If your operating system is below the threshold, you will not be able to see future app updates in the app store. This change is being made to support upcoming security changes and features. We encourage you to update your OS at your earliest opportunity and apologize for any inconvenience.

Read our Release Notes:

9 Likes

I have the Wyze Android App 2.22.21 installed on an Android 5.0.1 phone and it works fine, so far. My camera firmware is back somewhat: V2 has FW 4.9.6.241 and Pan has FW 4.10.6.199 installed. I understand that the latest Android App 2.22.31 will not install on my Android 5.0.1 device so for now I plan to remain with the App 2.22.21 version so I can continue to use the old Android device for awhile.

But, with Android App 2.22.21 on the Android 5.0.1 phone can I upgrade the FW on the V2 camera to 4.9.7.798 and the Pan to 4.10.7.798 without loss of function? Or would upgrading FW to 4.x.7.798 be incompatible with App 2.22.21 on an Android 5.0.1 device?

3 Likes

Well said. Similar situation here.

2 Likes

Was the security update to address the Millions of Connected Cameras Open to Eavesdropping - Cve-2021-32934 in this post on Wyze-Forum?

Millions of Connected Cameras Open to Eavesdropping - Cve-2021-32934

EDIT: Nothing but Crickets, when trying to get a reply on this issue from Wyze Staffā€¦

1 Like

After updating each of my 5 Wyze Cams are not operating correctly after firmware update on 7/28/21. They all show they are updated and on but I am getting error message Connection Failed even after unplugging and plugging back in. These are at my elderly fatherā€™s home and I have no ā€œeyesā€ there and he was just exposed to COVID.

5 Likes

Hasnā€™t shown up in Play Store within Bluestacks (which reports as emulating Android 7.1.1). Anyone seen it there yet?

/edit

Appeared later in the dayā€¦

I see 2.22.31 in the Play Store on my unsupported sideloaded Fire 10 tablet. It has already installed it, in fact.

Thanks Newshound. Not sure why I even want it. Because itā€™s ā€˜thereā€™ I guess.

2.22.31 is not compatible with my two 3 years old 2017 7th gen Fire HD 10 tablets. Though it can be installed in two other newer Fire tablets. Hope the 2.22.21 app can still stream cams with future cam firmware updates! Do you know how to upgrade old Fire tablet to android 7 ? Thanks!

I do not. Looks like Amazon will only let you upgrade to FireOS 5.6.8.0 too, which is still based on Android 5.1 (FireOS and Android version numbers started deviating after FireOS 5. For instance, FireOS 6 is based on Android 7).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=202194760

1 Like

I Have the same issue with the new update!

What numerical error code are you receiving?

I have over 30 devices and have been having serious issues with the last few updates. Iā€™ve sent logs but I donā€™t have time to contact wyze for each one. If I did that it would take all day and night. Iā€™m currently in bata software but just opted out to get on more stable firmwares. Main problem is every afternoon random devices go offline. And I know what is normally said, ā€œrestart the app, restart the devices, check your WiFi, pull the sd card to get the other log file.ā€ Do you know how much work that is to do daily plus if Iā€™m not home that doesnā€™t help. Iā€™ve done those when Iā€™m home the first few days but hasnā€™t worked yet. Itā€™s not my WiFi because everything else is working perfectly.

Looks like you made the right choice opting out of beta.

What is Beta Testing ?
Second level, external pilot-test of a product (usually a software) before commercial quantity production.
At the beta test stage, the product has already passed through the first-level, internal pilot-test (alpha test) and glaring defects have been removed.
But (since the product may still have some minor problems that require user participation) it is released to selected customers for testing under normal, everyday conditions of use to spot the remaining flaws.

2 Likes

Yes, Beta isnā€™t new features so much as it is bug-chasing. If bug-chasing interests you, then weā€™d love to see you running Beta software and firmware. If not, production releases are much more stable.

Also, Support canā€™t help you with Beta issues. To report those issues you need to post in the Beta section under the Beta software or firmwareā€™s release notice. And that should be detailed with a log.

So definitely opt out of Beta if you want a more stable environment.

3 Likes

I hope this can be answered definitively. Or at least suggestively. :slight_smile:

@UserCustomerGwen ?

/edit

Source

1 Like

Having same issue

Just ordered a 2021 Fire HD 10 which is on sale @ HSN. Though will keep using the old one @ kitchen streaming 4 cams while cookingšŸ˜ø till the old app becoming incompatible with future cam firmwares, hopefully not.

https://www.hsn.com/products/amazon-fire-hd-10-2021-32gb-tablet-with-app-and-case-vo/20192430?irclickid=QIT1lzSWexyLWgq3nK2jWxo7UkBUdRx1RXAI2Q0&irgwc=1&utm_source=impact-Slickdeals_LLC-&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=HSN&utm_term=QIT1lzSWexyLWgq3nK2jWxo7UkBUdRx1RXAI2Q0&utm_content=10451-606955-Affiliate

2 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s a good price :+1:

2 Likes