Word of the Day

I did my good deed for the day. I fed the Turkey babies and Mom on the golf course again this morning. There was another hen Turkey there today also but she is not trusting of people (yet), I’ll get her tamed. :laughing:

3 Likes

Good man. :ok_hand:And @07w 's got a nice crow-pet clip in his recent Crow’s Party topic, #2 in comments…

Jason?

1 Like

All great movies.

2 Likes

Can’t remember. :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Figures :grin:

How about this Jason Bourne?

2 Likes

It doesn’t look familiar. :no_mouth:

1 Like

That’s because it came out more recently than the 1950’s :joy:

Sorry, it was a perfect setup. Nothin’ but love for ya ol’ froggy
:heart_hands:

2 Likes

ha ha  :no_mouth:

Serious question: Is ha ha a way of communicating tech sophistication for people above using emojis or in certain contexts or is it not or something else or what?

@Antonius, you’re ancient and earthy, does it seem the same as a mildly laughing emoji?

It’s definitely ‘dry’. Indeterminate.

1 Like

I use it…but it’s not the “in” thing anymore.

Good thing I don’t really care about what’s the latest “cool” fad or not. Obviously you don’t either. Don’t trip my friend, you do you. In many ways I have much more respect for people who aren’t obsessed with trying to change themselves to fit in with the culture norms, slang, usage evolution, etc. It’s still good to know and understand it so you can communicate effectively with people or understand them appropriately, etc. I have some interesting examples of that, but the main point here is that fashionable fads just for the sake of a culture deciding they are currently “in” or not doesn’t matter to me. The :joy: emoji is currently scorned by many [younger] people in the current culture, but I don’t care. Punctuation (especially periods or ellipses) are now often misinterpreted as being angry or rude and offends people. There is some interesting research into why this is the case now…but suffice it to say I still do all that.

3 Likes

:laughing:

I need an emoji of a spirit world Sophia Loren reaching up to me from an open grave. At this point, I would go gladly.

My luck, I’d probably get Shirley Booth (Hazel.)

I like Iggy Azalea but if she were reaching up to me from an open grave I would not go.

3 Likes

Are you sure you are not the oldest? And yes I watched all those shows on one of three channels in Black and White on a small tube TV. (ABC-CBS-NBC).
Young people are not creative, I haven’t heard or learned any new curse/swear words in the last 60 years or so. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

No, you’re the oldest. You can never not be the oldest. You’re the oldest. It’s you. :grin:

Do you still say scurvy? :laughing:

(I just figured it out. You’re about 72% older than The Carver.)

Am I the only one who thought (realized?) :frog: was making a joke when I gave this :heart:?

4 Likes

Oh that IS funny. Whether intentional or not, it is perfect.

2 Likes

They both think I’m in my dotage so it breezed right by. Twice.

Ageism. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I noticed. Both times. This came to mind:

I interpreted it as another hint. You tried. :man_shrugging:

Actually…well played. :wink:

2 Likes

I’d easily win the ‘most irritating’ poll today. I’m finding myself irritating, so I can just imagine what it’s like for others. Sorry. :slight_smile:

No apology is necessary, and I respectfully disagree. You wouldn’t even make my top ten.

While “irritating” doesn’t come to mind at all, I often think of what others have written[1][2], and that helps with my perspective.

1. https://forums.wyze.com/t/267026/3 ↩︎

2. ↩︎

1 Like

Aw, you’re nice. :slight_smile: I’m gonna have to start calling you Felix with that big bag of markup tricks you carry around. Very slick!

1 Like