Word of the Day

@peepeep

)

3 Likes

It’s not brilliant, I admit. Sometimes you have to just thrum it out. :slight_smile:

My words for the day:
grenouille frite

(Fried Frog)

1 Like

image Bon appétit!

presumption

They ain’t heavy, they’re my sibling. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was very PRESUMPTUOUS of you to assume I would respond to your post about presumption. You know what they say: When you presume, you make a pres out of u and me. :wink:

1 Like

I do know that, and yet… :wink:

1 Like

dim dimness. twilight with cataracts.

money grab

Purported vehicle for which: Cam Plus

Disrupt

When Wyze was young, the founders shared a yacht.

Sharing can be hard but they managed.

Then… Cam Plu$.

One yacht each!

image image image

With a helicopter on the afterdeck for Dave. :+1:

You’re not a very good sailor > That is the Foredeck.

1 Like

The last time I was on a boat (a big fast trimaran) I was having a great time until I went below to use the head. The smell of diesel and the motion of the ocean got the best of me so I went aft and heaved ho. Typical lubber. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The captain saw me coming and nodded to the lee side with a look of mild contempt. Almost too trifling to bother with. :slight_smile:

I’ve spent a few days on the Big Ponds of the world, never had an issue with motion sickness. You know it is not good when your rack (Bed) has straps like seatbelts to keep you from flying out of bed though. :rofl:

2 Likes

I prefer hammocks and sleeping on deck. :grin:

1 Like

My first Ship complete with cockroach races :grin:

3 Likes

thumbsup

1 Like

Great pix. :+1:

Wow, the Navy slang is WIDE and DEEP:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_U.S._Navy_slang

eg

Trice Up a rack. “All hands heave out and trice up.” Or jump out of your rack and make it. (Originally referred to hammocks, in days of yore before berthing spaces.). More correctly, the “trice” is the bottom (third) rack, being built to fold up against the bulkhead/stanchion (see above), so when the command “Trice-up” was given, the rack would be folded up, allowing compartment cleaners to sweep and swab under that bottom rack.

Rack Burns: Reddish marks seen on the face of a sailor who has just emerged from sleeping in his/her rack. Scorned upon if he/she was not supposed to be there.

Incidentally…

1. The diesel smell was a potent catalyst, like WHAM: fine just before, not no longer. Caught me by surprise. :face_with_spiral_eyes:
  2. Could one be a chronic ‘upchucker’ and still be assigned permanent duty as a seaman? image
1 Like